Brady Tarot

Denever

I doubt she was offended. I said I found the Death card hard to read and she answered in a very friendly and non-defensive way.

I kind of assumed the minors wouldn't be pips, but it's nice to have confirmation. I'm glad you asked.

I wrote to her and I found out that the suits are arrows (swords), feathers (wands), roots (pentacles), and drinking horns (cups). The minors will not be an afterthought, that is a huge pet peeve of hers. Each card will be a work of art.

I hope I didn't insult her by asking if the minors would be pips or not. :(

banbha

I doubt she was offended. I said I found the Death card hard to read and she answered in a very friendly and non-defensive way.

I kind of assumed the minors wouldn't be pips, but it's nice to have confirmation. I'm glad you asked.

She didn't sound offended of course, but very friendly when she messaged me back. I just felt bad when she said each card would be a work of art. I certainly wouldn't doubt that given what I've seen so far! :)

Myrrha

That is absolutely stunning. I don't think I've ever seen naturalistic animal artwork with such vivid facial expressions. Look at the birds' faces in the Fool card, they are almost too intense. And the inward looking eyes of the owl on the Hermit card, amazing.
I will definitely get this deck, although sometimes blander artwork is actually easier for me to read with. Maybe I will use this one for something else.

Essjay

I wrote to her and I found out that the suits are arrows (swords), feathers (wands), roots (pentacles), and drinking horns (cups). The minors will not be an afterthought, that is a huge pet peeve of hers. Each card will be a work of art.

I hope I didn't insult her by asking if the minors would be pips or not. :(

I'm sure she wasn't insulted. I think as she's a tarot lover she understands that knowing about the minor arcana is important.

Thanks for asking - I'm definitely backing this one.

Nosgo

Gorgeous deck for sure! Love her style. But damn my finances aren't gorgeous right now ahah... :'(

FLizarraga

Decks like this make me wish that I could read without human faces --which unfortunately I can't.

It is absolutely stunning, and very well conceived in Tarot terms. That Hermit owl stole my heart.

Shade

Ooh that's a lovely one and I like the theme. The art reminds me (very favorably) of the Witches calendars by Llewellyn.

I do wonder if the name could be more evocative of the theme - but I am eternally questioning the names of decks and should probably just be ignored.

banbha

I'm sure she wasn't insulted. I think as she's a tarot lover she understands that knowing about the minor arcana is important.

Thanks for asking - I'm definitely backing this one.

Oh, me too. I can't resist. :)

Nemia

That's just beautiful. I love woodcut and lino print. I have Light and Shadow and World Spirit, two decks in this wonderful, expressive, powerful medium. Both are among my favorite decks.

I always feel prints, especially wood and lino, are so powerful because the material resists. You really have to work hard to make your vision come to life. In that sense, it resembles sculpture - substractive sculpture, to be more precise, i.e., a technique were something is removed, not added.

Most two-dimensional art is made by adding something - color or paint to canvas or paper. But wood and lino print work differently, and I'm sure that's what makes this medium of substractive printing so powerful.

And this deck is just great. I have a weakness for animal decks... and these birds... I'm reminded of the augurs of ancient Rome... using bird obsvervation for divination is such an ancient art...

Whenever I'm sure that no new deck can set my heart racing, there we go!

Alta

Nemia, what a beautiful expression of your thoughts on lino printing, I feel the same way.

Unfortunately this is true for me as well:
Decks like this make me wish that I could read without human faces --which unfortunately I can't.

I read through the page, that is quite a painstaking technique including the colouring afterwards. Impressive. And I also liked the Owl as hermit.