Storing the faeries

Carla

That is a cozy bag you've made for them, Winterchild!

By the way do any of you have both Faerie tribes living happily in the same bag or box?

I've only briefly looked through HoF, but I don't think they want to live with FO at all! In fact, they seem happy for the moment to live in the box they came in. After they gave me the bright idea of converting it from a slip case to a box with a lid. (Which was a simple but faery-inspired idea of cutting out the back panel and then artfully using strips of wide clear tape to reconstruct it into a lid).

I'd add a photo, but as I'm not a subscriber, I don't think I can. I'll post it to my blog...click on the homepage link under my name.

Calcifer

I just recently got Froud's faeries - and I have them sharing a wooden box with a wood-burned Cernunnous on the top and the Moon between his horns. This is the box that I take outside with me when I'm out and about in the forest.... the Gilded Tarot Royale also lives there and it is also when I keep a huge black silk reading cloth. The two decks seem to get along nicely and they fit perfectly together. Maybe today the forest green and black double silk sleeper from Tarot Totes will arrive (this is the 2nd plug for them in one day - I'll have two new decks soon and I love the silk bags); all of the other cards have a silk bag and we can't have any jealousy...lol.

Anyway, right at the moment, the faeries are logging time in a Crown Royal whiskey bag - till their new blanket arrives :).

Michael

Winterchild

I just recently got Froud's faeries - and I have them sharing a wooden box with a wood-burned Cernunnous on the top and the Moon between his horns. This is the box that I take outside with me when I'm out and about in the forest.... the Gilded Tarot Royale also lives there and it is also when I keep a huge black silk reading cloth. The two decks seem to get along nicely and they fit perfectly together. Maybe today the forest green and black double silk sleeper from Tarot Totes will arrive (this is the 2nd plug for them in one day - I'll have two new decks soon and I love the silk bags); all of the other cards have a silk bag and we can't have any jealousy...lol.

Anyway, right at the moment, the faeries are logging time in a Crown Royal whiskey bag - till their new blanket arrives :).

Michael

hahaha intoxicated faeries :)

I found my Faeries cohorting with the Dugan Witches yesterday......!!!

Winterchild

Box etc..

That is a cozy bag you've made for them, Winterchild!

I've only briefly looked through HoF, but I don't think they want to live with FO at all! In fact, they seem happy for the moment to live in the box they came in. After they gave me the bright idea of converting it from a slip case to a box with a lid. (Which was a simple but faery-inspired idea of cutting out the back panel and then artfully using strips of wide clear tape to reconstruct it into a lid).

I'd add a photo, but as I'm not a subscriber, I don't think I can. I'll post it to my blog...click on the homepage link under my name.

That's great Carla...! Clever ol stick you! The inner, gold part of my box was ripped when it arrived so I can't do this too well... I really dont like those style boxes with the folded card inners. I shall eventually make the HoF a bag too....

Love your Camelot blog by the way... *forgive me if I don't shake hands...* love it!!

Now my Fae want a cloth of their own.....I fel in love with one on Etsy, a knitted one but it had sold out.

Thanks for sharing your box idea..its a good one for future use!!

Carla

Thanks, Winterchild. :D I blogged about Camelot Oracle all week. Today's is the last entry. I'm trying to decide if I should do Froud Faeries' Oracle next week...

Winterchild

Faerie Blogging

Thanks, Winterchild. :D I blogged about Camelot Oracle all week. Today's is the last entry. I'm trying to decide if I should do Froud Faeries' Oracle next week...

Please do..... })

Have you joined the intuitive oracle reading group organised by KrystalKitty? I think the Faeries will have a ball there...!

I am quite pleased with my blogging this week..ie, I have done it every day, which is more than can be said for the past couple of months.

I was looking at HoF again today, like you I put it to one side at first (very gently, and I gave them passionflower & chamomile tea... !)... Anyway they do look a tad *darker*, but also there appear to be a lot more close up headshots... I haven't actually compared them side by side yet though. I do like the backs very much.

Carla

Please do..... })

Have you joined the intuitive oracle reading group organised by KrystalKitty? I think the Faeries will have a ball there...!

I am quite pleased with my blogging this week..ie, I have done it every day, which is more than can be said for the past couple of months.

I was looking at HoF again today, like you I put it to one side at first (very gently, and I gave them passionflower & chamomile tea... !)... Anyway they do look a tad *darker*, but also there appear to be a lot more close up headshots... I haven't actually compared them side by side yet though. I do like the backs very much.

Where is your blog? I clicked on your homepage and got Haiku Cafe which hasn't been updated since August??

To keep to topic, I intend to work with Heart of Faeries after I've played around with FO for a while. :)

Winterchild

Where is your blog? I clicked on your homepage and got Haiku Cafe which hasn't been updated since August??

To keep to topic, I intend to work with Heart of Faeries after I've played around with FO for a while. :)

Sorry Carla, I had a mix up with my website names... August see how bad I am! I have a slightly more regular Tarot blog, I will go and change the link in my profile... thanks for the heads up...

I am also in DragonFae's oracle study group but I chose my Hidden and Well Worn Path, I am wishing I had chosen the Faeries now as right now I am relating to them much more!

darkbookworm13

Storing the Faeries

Well, the Fae at my house have been pretty quiet as of late, but now that I reread all of these posts, they are clamoring for attention again. I had tried to take scrap leather my sister gave me and cut it into pieces and sew them together and create a bag, but once I cut the leather, they didn't want it anymore, and now it languishes in my craft bin. They have said they don't want it, but I am not sure what to do with it, maybe make a Rune pouch or something.

While I was cutting the leather and planning out how to sew it together, they were in a crocheted pouch they stole *ahem*, borrowed from my meditation beads, but it was too small to even close. So they kept complaining and saying they were cold.

I had this soft bumpy yarn that changed colors from swirled autumn colors, to golds and coppers, to blues and greens, and back to autumn colors. I crocheted it into a drawstring bag that is nice and spacious for them, and tried to sew together some colorful cloth that was red, purple, gold, and other colors into a lining for them to nestle in. But, somehow I measured wrong and the cloth pouch was too small to fit right into the crocheted one, and the Faeries were very clear that it would not do at all for them.

So now they are hanging out in the crocheted pouch, and hinting at it needing to be more sparkly, and I need to get on the braided drawstring I was going to make with plenty of beads and charms hanging on it. LOL, and here I was thinking they were all settled and wouldn't need anything more for awhile. I should have known better, right?

Winterchild

Haha!!

Oh dear darkbookworm... (love the name!!)... I know... my Fae folk have a bag of stuff they found while I was making their bag.... random bits of bling (well they think so..) and it justlives in the bag with them.... not sewing it on yet in case they change their minds!!