Storing the faeries

lunar_rabbit

Beautiful bag, sagewriter!!

My Faeries live in a plain wooden box (the very inexpensive kind you can purchase from craft stores). I add stars and flowers to it with ballpoint pen or pencil on occassion when inspired. It is all very simple and almost childish art, which for some reason is all that seems needed. Each time I imagine getting something more elaborate, I hear little voices saying "Nooooo!!!!" ROFL.

geministar

I just wanted to share that I have a lovely new home for my faeries, or should I say, THEY have a lovely new home. I have a new velvet bag, like the travelling faeries bag, only maroon in colour, gorgeous! This is all thanks to a lovely member on here called "Jewel".

They used to be in a plain blue velvet bag, which now houses my Fairytale tarot.

Jewel

((((Gem)))) I am so pleased you like the bag, and that the faeries cooperated and decided they wanted to live there :* You know they could have refused to go in there ~giggles~

Aximili

My faeries are quite undemanding compared to yours. A while ago I bought a wooden box to store Tarot cards in, but it was too big, so I put my rings inside instead. Not long ago, I bought the Faeries, and kept them in the cardboard box that comes with the Gilded Tarot. Then I went away for two weeks and left them at home, taking the Gilded with me to get to know them better. While I was away, for some reason, i bought one of those 'worry stones' that's shaped like a heart. It looked a lot like wood made out of stone, if that makes sense, and i kind of liked it so I bought it.

Fast-forward to when I got home. After the important stuff was done, I went upstairs to check on things. (I keep all my Tarot-related stuff in my bedroom) I had the stone with me, and as I opened their box, I just felt like they wanted the stone. So I put it in. Then my eye was drawn to the pentacle box (remember that?) even though it was nowhere near me, and at the opposite end of the room, and emptied it, then put the fairies and the stone inside. Perfect fit.

I've had both the Fae and the box for a few months now, and it honestly never occoured to me to combine the two before. Anyone have any idea why it took me so long? Whatever the reason, though, they seem happy in there, and the box looks like it was made for them. It matches the brown tones of the card backs (I keep all my decks face-down) and the stone perfectly :D

Jewel

Aximili said:
My faeries are quite undemanding compared to yours.

I had the stone with me, and as I opened their box, I just felt like they wanted the stone. So I put it in. Then my eye was drawn to the pentacle box (remember that?) even though it was nowhere near me, and at the opposite end of the room, and emptied it, then put the fairies and the stone inside. Perfect fit.

I've had both the Fae and the box for a few months now, and it honestly never occoured to me to combine the two before. Anyone have any idea why it took me so long? Whatever the reason, though, they seem happy in there, and the box looks like it was made for them. It matches the brown tones of the card backs (I keep all my decks face-down) and the stone perfectly :D
I think you just contradicted yourself ~giggles~ not demanding but "they wanted the stone. So I put it in." And you felt them want that box. That you already owned the things is one thing, but they got just what they wanted! :D ~giggles~ Be indulgent with them, its worth it!

Aximili

*laughs* I see what you mean. I mean undemanding in the sense that they didn't want too much off me. And who says they didn't make me buy that stone ;) They just don't seem to be as... um... persuasive and demanding as some people's. For that I'm greatful and will happily begrudge them any rock they want.

Though I'll fight to the last for my rose quartz crystal pendant ;)

Jewel

Aximili said:
*laughs* I see what you mean. I mean undemanding in the sense that they didn't want too much off me.

Though I'll fight to the last for my rose quartz crystal pendant ;)
They know what they can get away with, don't ever fool yourself into thinking they don't ~giggles~. And now that you mentioned the rose quartz pendant .... well maybe you can let them sleep with it at night, and you wear it during the day *LOL*

Aximili

I don't wear it I use it. Instead of 'pendant' I should have said 'pendulum' *laughs* I'm always doing that.

I use it for dowsing. I haven't had it for long, but I'm already getting much better results than any pendant I've used before.

Jewel

Aximili said:
I use it for dowsing. I haven't had it for long, but I'm already getting much better results than any pendant I've used before.
Well if they decide they want it, maybe you can store it in the box with them and "borrow" it when you want to use it ~giggles~

Aximili

*Laugh*

I hope it won't come to that. I'm a bit of a softie and I'd feel really guilty about taking it ;) I'd have to make a deal. I'd keep my pendulum, and bu them an extra-special one of their own.

I've just realised I said 'pendant' again in my last post. See what I mean?