New book by Rachel Pollack

Umbrae

I highly recommend this book...buy it, read it...

Oh wait...Umbrae recommends a book...

Maan

What did Umbrea just reccomend a book
The earth must have stopped turning ;)

So this book is that good hey?
Well i think i need to have it too now LOL

Hedera

I like it very much, a very deep and interesting book.

Just don't get tempted into buying the Shining Tribe deck because of it, I really wish she would have used other decks a bit more in her examples.

Apart from that: it's a wonderful, very philosophical book, and I think it shows a very interesting way of thinking.

firemaiden

I have this book and thought everyone else did too. What is the matter with you guys? Get with the program, this is THE NEW TESTAMENT!!!!!!!!!

Mimers

Umbrae said:
I highly recommend this book...buy it, read it...

Oh wait...Umbrae recommends a book...

:O Hold on, I am in shock.

The one Rachel Polleck book I don't have. I have too many books.

Ohh, you had to go and say that Umbrae. Now I will have to buy it just to see why you have recommended it. Would you mind sharing why you think it is worth reading? What did it bring you?

Mimi

Diana

I loved the first two or three chapters. Really found them exciting and interesting. But then my initial pleasure turned to absolute boredom.

It has since been sent to Kiama as a gift. I don't know whether she enjoyed it or not.

firemaiden

Mimers said:
Would you mind sharing why you think it is worth reading? What did it bring you?

I know this was addressed to the Seditious One. While we await the Awakening of the Mouth of Baph---, let me say... The Forest of Souls is like a creative exploration on how to use the Tarot in powerful outside-the-box ways; she really blows the boundaries of what you are used to.

One chapter I really liked what "Shooting the Moon" - she asked the cards to create their own spread. The cards that she pulled were mined for the questions they pose, and answered, I think, with more cards.

She stimulates you to see possibiliites in the tarot far beyond the traditions, and you know, this open and creative way of looking at the tarot really supports what "Aeclectic" is all about.

HOLMES

with that being said..

we out grow some part of the books, and come to understand other parts better

I think i found the forest of souls so profound in the energy at the time was it reflected lots and lots of things i was thinking at the time.. example would be music, and tarot i believe i made a post about that before i read it.
wisdom readings, i was thinking of asking the tarot universal questions, and kapow , she does it in her book.

(i think it is a example of people cutting into the universal mind, or the group unconscious as it evolves. )

now as i read it,, i don't read the beginning paragraphs as much but the last few chapters. where in the beginner i was concerned abou the wisdom readings, and tarot as an ideal that only in the end will it be the true tarot. (which is kind of a cool scientific fictious , possible idea ).
I still stand by my initial review :O)

that being said, when i get books on tarot concepts and ideals, or extensions of tarot knowledge like the numerology and soul cards from tarot for yourself.
i love the tarot stimulation, it helps my mind to unclog the tarot blocks.

the forest of souls might help you to unclog some blocks some ideas. or validate some others ideas you have. it is good book.

in reading some new responses here, i like the fact she uses her own deck, (she learns a great deal in doing it i read into the lines )
it validates that if we make our own tarot , it is that tarot that will speak to us the most when we read.

(whispers to mimers pss did you read my link for my initial thoughts when i read the book ? _

(dont' know about it being the new testment though...
/bonks firemaiden on the head )

Mimers

Re: with that being said..

HOLMES said:
(whispers to mimers pss did you read my link for my initial thoughts when i read the book ? _

(dont' know about it being the new testment though...
/bonks firemaiden on the head )

Mimers whispers back, no I haven't read it yet. I will now. Don't bonk firemaiden on the head. We need her for the Marseille threads! Who knows, maybe she will even start a study thread on how to be the perfect wench!