Tarot of the Hidden Realm

Thoughtful

Not a deck for me but have to congratulate the artist, the artwork is superbly done.

lalalibra

Oh, no, dolphins in the last one :(

Why don't you like dolphins in your tarot? :p

(I have to admit the funny thing about dolphins is that a lot of people think they are just the most pure and magical of creatures (and in a way, it's fair to think all creatures are, actually), but quite a number of dolphins have exhibited extreme behavior comparable to that of a sociopath)

Not a deck for me but have to congratulate the artist, the artwork is superbly done.

Yes, I just love the artwork as well!!

And I like that some of the images are quite "dark" as well, which should give the deck a good balance.

Celtictarot

I keep seeing the artwork as being a bit "hard" for my tastes. Even though it is pretty to look at, I don't think this is a deck I would purchase. I'm happy with my Shadowscapes Tarot. Besides with detailed work, in the deck you'd miss the art (as per shadowscapes).

Le Fanu

No, I don`t like dolphins in tarot. They make it look cheesy somehow... not serious enough
I think it's often used as shorthand for "oh smiley, happy animal kingdom" when the truth is we really don't understand animals and we don't always interpret the signs well. We do tend to simplify. In this case though, they're not dolphins. Are they kelpies or something?

LotusSong

Although this deck is very beautiful and well-executed, I probably won't be getting it. (I say probably because it is very charming!) To my eyes, the portraiture feeling makes it look like a deck where every card is a court card. I have a hard enough time with the 16 already present in the deck, I don't need 62 more! XD; I can just imagine doing a spread with a position like "action to take" and drawing The Magician or the Four of Swords and being at a complete loss due to how static and posed the image is.

That's just me though - this is probably going to be a popular deck.

daphne

I think it's often used as shorthand for "oh smiley, happy animal kingdom" when the truth is we really don't understand animals and we don't always interpret the signs well. We do tend to simplify. In this case though, they're not dolphins. Are they kelpies or something?

Yes, agree, simplification. Like sweet smiling deer and all that humanized animals.

I did not know what kelpies are, thank you.

Still, to me they look like dolphins, cant help it.

lalalibra

In this case though, they're not dolphins. Are they kelpies or something?

I didn't know what kelpies were either. That's very interesting! But they don't look horse-like at all to me, personally... As Penthasilia said, the title of that particular image is called "The Selkie's return." So they're selkies, which is another kind of mythological creature that looks like a seal (as far as I understand it, that is).