Donnaleigh: Who is My Dad? (Paternity).

IHeartRescues

Hey DND

I think that it is more sensible to pay attention to the card placement over directionality, and will now simplify matters with this in mind.

Thanks DND for helping me to reach this conclusion.

And to Donnaleigh for the great video on man/woman cards and NOT using directions for my readings. <3

Also want to say that DL's video on how to memorize the numbers on the cards is the exact memory-system I rely upon, and so easy! It really did take less than an hour (34-Fish ashore! lol)

manandcards

There is a lot to unpack in this thread. I’m also coming to it a little late. But I do want a add a few thoughts.

As a beginner DownUnderNZer your stance makes me uncomfortable. Criticism of methods and meanings is fine. at this point the four years old. And as birdsong123*says it worked for the querent. It might not ring true for you and the meanings may not be yours but I’m not sure why this prickles your so much much?

True, Lenormand readings make more sense when you stick to core meanings - you’ll rarely see me using man and woman as just a man and a women. It just wouldn’t work for me.

In order to get as far as I have I’d had to take some wrong turns and find out what works for me. I’ve done this by reading Ranna George’s book - and sorry Ranna it didn’t click as learning tool. I’ve taken a course with Andy B. I learnt a lot doing that. I’ve read Lenormand Symbols by Anthony Louis, which really will make you see Lilys from all angles.

Between Caitlín Matthews’ The Complete Lenormand Oracle, Andy and Anthony I have my core meanings and essences mostly set. I’m working my way through Matthew’s very comprehensive course in book form.

I post practice combinations so that I learn more. I’ve been encouraged to try 3x3x3s. I think good teachers learn from their students. And birdsong123*and Teheuti make good teachers because they are always sharing new discoveries.

I think the worst thing for a student is not being encouraged to learn and grow. And for me I like being taught by people who don’t mind making mistakes but help me get up and try again.

DownUnderNZer

Never seen a 38 card GT (does not exist) and never learnt from books when I was introduced to it.

Not about the meanings, but mixing systems. Also, about reading cards with just "one meaning" like she did with the "Sun".

But I know now that the Belgium system is more like both the French and German and the Brazilian is totally different.

And also that D.L. said it was when she first started out and that she has evolved along the way - so just now I came across a more up to date video quite by chance when I was looking up something on Rana George actually. Must have meant to be!

She has improved which is good to see and the flow is at a good natural speed although she does repeat certain words a lot like "digital media" and "community", but when talking about a "workshop" why bring up the "Heart" in regards to a question that has nothing to do with "love/couples/relationships". E.g. Love and/or problems in romance...toxic.

Other than that - that is the only thing.

"Heart" is one of the trickier ones - I know. But got to be careful when the question is not based on "love" etc.

She does do a great job of showing the lines, diagonals, knighting and has a pleasant voice which helps.

"9 Card Block: How Can I Improve My Workshop". (November 2016)

http://www.divinewhispers.net/apps/...d-block-reading-how-can-i-improve-my-workshop

DND :)

There is a lot to unpack in this thread. I’m also coming to it a little late. But I do want a add a few thoughts.

As a beginner DownUnderNZer your stance makes me uncomfortable. Criticism of methods and meanings is fine. at this point the four years old. And as birdsong123*says it worked for the querent. It might not ring true for you and the meanings may not be yours but I’m not sure why this prickles your so much much?

True, Lenormand readings make more sense when you stick to core meanings - you’ll rarely see me using man and woman as just a man and a women. It just wouldn’t work for me.

In order to get as far as I have I’d had to take some wrong turns and find out what works for me. I’ve done this by reading Ranna George’s book - and sorry Ranna it didn’t click as learning tool. I’ve taken a course with Andy B. I learnt a lot doing that. I’ve read Lenormand Symbols by Anthony Louis, which really will make you see Lilys from all angles.

Between Caitlín Matthews’ The Complete Lenormand Oracle, Andy and Anthony I have my core meanings and essences mostly set. I’m working my way through Matthew’s very comprehensive course in book form.

I post practice combinations so that I learn more. I’ve been encouraged to try 3x3x3s. I think good teachers learn from their students. And birdsong123*and Teheuti make good teachers because they are always sharing new discoveries.

I think the worst thing for a student is not being encouraged to learn and grow. And for me I like being taught by people who don’t mind making mistakes but help me get up and try again.