How to make your readings Positive? Empower the Querent, create Positive energy and v

headincloud

Although it's been said "every cloud has a silver lining," in truth not all of them do. But it can probably be said with some confidence that nearly all readings contain an instructive lesson (even if it's "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.")

The main abilities I bring to bear, especially in more negative situations, are sensitivity to the nuances of the spread, really listening to my clients "with all my senses" (assuming they make an attempt to communicate and don't just shut down on all channels), careful use of language and an ability to "shift gears" from a mundane slant to a more psychological or intuitive focus. Having a good story-teller's "ear" is another plus. You can sometimes express things in metaphor that would be too discouraging in more unvarnished terms. Empowerment is always my goal, and one way or another I usually deliver.

Perhaps listening skills are a bonus but they're not required for tarot imho. I don't see that it's the client we need to home in on but the cards themselves or in other words our intuition/psychic ability. I struggle to understand or make sense of some of your posts and this one confuses me equally. What's a mundane slant? and how do you switch to a psychological focus when you don't read the psychological aspect of cards.

There's not really a need for polished metaphors, we need not be highly articulate to read tarot though it may be a bonus, sometimes the point is all that's needed too perhaps.