The Wild Unknown Tarot - Daughter of Pentacles

Sulis

A fawn stands on what looks like the crest of a hill. Above her is a rainbow and right in the middle of the rainbow is a pentacle, the symbol of the Earth suit in tarot and the symbol of the Universe; all 4 elements presided over by Spirit (the uppermost point of the star) and linked together by the circle.
The fawn is looking slightly towards the left side of the card.

She's a daughter so a Page in 'traditional' tarot decks and for me that signifies beginnings and the need to gain experience with her element or in her element so that means she needs to get practical experience in something or she could be just beginning something in the real world or in a practical sense. She could also be advising you to get out into nature and experience some of the Earth energy that she represents.
Daughters or Pages are often seen as students too.

Deer, especially young deer are very timid and a fawn this young would be under the protection of the female deer in the herd. This young deer looks a little bit older than the deer shown in the Mother of Pentacles card, maybe it's the same one but grown up a bit. Mother deer often leave their young hidden in the grass whilst they themselves graze. The young deer calls out if there is danger and all of the females in the herd will come to her aid.. She's not yet ready to do things on her own but she's getting there.
She looks so delicate on those spindly legs and so do the older females but they really aren't as fragile as they look.
When I see deer they make me think of trusting my instincts and really knowing myself as they are very instinctive, cautious, graceful creatures.. I think this fits very well with Earth / Pentacles types.

I'm sort of drawing a bit of a blank here so any more thoughts would be welcomed :).

Attachments

• Daughter of Pentacles.jpg
    Daughter of Pentacles.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,532

SweetSiren

Yes it is a perfect symbol for a young pentacle, in my opinion. these cards are so simple, so it's hard to get very much information out of them. Their conciseness is what I like about this deck though. I'm not so sure you can get anything else from this card. Fawns are curious and need to be guided by their mothers, as their curiosity can get the best of them. They're so beautiful and fragile, and it's strange to think one day they'll have huge antlers and look rather intimidating to the unfamiliar eye. For me, this is where the pentacles come in. Points to the innocence of discovering the world and how these fawns will grow to be the kings of the forest.

Pixna

I see the lines under the rainbow as representing a cave, and the rainbow and pentacle are at the top of the entrance to the cave. The fawn stands inside the cave, protected, not yet ready to emerge, but studying the world outside the cave. The fawn is fragile, prepubescent, learning to stand on her own and discovering who she is. There is still much learning and growing for her to do before she becomes independent, and she's not yet ready to leave and be on her own. She's preparing for a full life and obtaining all the information she needs, while remaining under the protection and shelter of the cave. She is young and innocent, yet the rainbow and pentacle show that she contains endless potential. It is waiting for her and will be there whenever she's ready for it.

Sulis

Yes it is a perfect symbol for a young pentacle, in my opinion. these cards are so simple, so it's hard to get very much information out of them. Their conciseness is what I like about this deck though. I'm not so sure you can get anything else from this card. Fawns are curious and need to be guided by their mothers, as their curiosity can get the best of them. They're so beautiful and fragile, and it's strange to think one day they'll have huge antlers and look rather intimidating to the unfamiliar eye. For me, this is where the pentacles come in. Points to the innocence of discovering the world and how these fawns will grow to be the kings of the forest.

Yes, I see what you mean; the fragility that becomes powerful and the innocence of the Page / Daughter who has yet to discover the world and the transformation that that practical experience will cause..

I have to disagree with you though about the simplicity of the images making it difficult to get much out of these images.. I think that very simplicity is what gives the intuition the room to really go for it and I also think that these images have much more symbolism than they first appear.
This deck reminds me of the TdMs in this respect.. The apparent lack of anything to read is what really allows me to read them.. With cards that have scenes on them like the RWS and the hundreds of decks that are basically just redrawings of that deck, I have trouble fitting the scene into the context of a reading.. I think the sparser cards actually give me as a reader more to go on..

I see the lines under the rainbow as representing a cave, and the rainbow and pentacle are at the top of the entrance to the cave. The fawn stands inside the cave, protected, not yet ready to emerge, but studying the world outside the cave. The fawn is fragile, prepubescent, learning to stand on her own and discovering who she is. There is still much learning and growing for her to do before she becomes independent, and she's not yet ready to leave and be on her own. She's preparing for a full life and obtaining all the information she needs, while remaining under the protection and shelter of the cave. She is young and innocent, yet the rainbow and pentacle show that she contains endless potential. It is waiting for her and will be there whenever she's ready for it.

Pixna thanks for this, now that you've said it I can see the cave too. There seems to be a theme with this card of caution, shyness and the need to be protected until she's got enough experience of the physical world to look after herself... That's something I don't usually get from more traditional versions of this card.