Nonbinary significator?

Glennmaicha

I've struggled with this to a degree myself, also feeling like I don't fit into binary standards of gender. I've considered using the Heart, which has been suggested, but it feels as if I'm "eliminating" what is typically a pretty important card for most people's readings. In the end, I usually choose the Lady for myself as the Gentleman would represent the partner and I do lean towards the traditionally feminine end of the gender spectrum (if it could even be considered something so linear).

One unusual thought has just come to mind, though. It's not exactly a good solution, but some mass market decks come with extra cards with artist information or spread suggestions. If nothing else, it could be a placeholder, though it's very impersonal. One could draw something of their choosing onto the card face however! An infinity symbol or something similar, even.

In the end, it would just be nice for decks to include a neutral significator card, like some tarot decks do.
I wish you luck in finding a suitable solution!

Barleywine

I've struggled with this to a degree myself, also feeling like I don't fit into binary standards of gender. I've considered using the Heart, which has been suggested, but it feels as if I'm "eliminating" what is typically a pretty important card for most people's readings. In the end, I usually choose the Lady for myself as the Gentleman would represent the partner and I do lean towards the traditionally feminine end of the gender spectrum (if it could even be considered something so linear).

One unusual thought has just come to mind, though. It's not exactly a good solution, but some mass market decks come with extra cards with artist information or spread suggestions. If nothing else, it could be a placeholder, though it's very impersonal. One could draw something of their choosing onto the card face however! An infinity symbol or something similar, even.

In the end, it would just be nice for decks to include a neutral significator card, like some tarot decks do.
I wish you luck in finding a suitable solution!

Here's an idea I used with my tarot decks. I took one of those publisher's information cards and glued on a piece of my original artwork to serve as a custom Significator. I scanned and printed it on matte photo paper so it has some toughness.