Ace of Swords…one with nature
2 of Swords…Accepting help from another to make a big step forward
3 of Swords…being stalled, realizations of disappointment
4 of Swords…clear limitations
5 of Swords…sharing thoughts, experiences with others
6 of Swords…challenges in making changes
7 of Swords…needing to leave a situation, submitting to Godforce
8 of Swords…allowing misunderstandings to lead to understandings
9 of Swords…reassessing old habits, is there a better way?
10 of Swords…accepting the limits and finding new freedom in it

squeakmo9

After having done this exercise, I realize that I am more drawn to the images on a card first. To "fit in" the number significance with the image did not feel natural to me. Perhaps having to be overly aware of numbers for this exercise may be a reason why.
In any case it was interesting, but ultimately, I received more meaning from the image and element(the VR)than from it's associated number meaning. This, more so, for my deck's minors.

coyoteblack

Kind of funny Squekmo9 I am just the oppisite . I get more form the Element and Number then the picture. normally the picture just provides hints or keys for me.

I like very much how you did your work.

As an aside Jewel will be late as she is not near a computer for a bit. but she is working on it .

coyoteblack

Four - Six

Adept step 5.2

4’s to 6’s

4’s - Stability

4 of wands
The happy home card the foundation (stability) of what ever project that was worked on is now complete now is a time for some relaxing.

4 of cups
Water needs move or it becomes stagnant. This suggests the need to find stability. He is focusing on this one cup in the sky and ignoring the 3 cups in front of him.

4 of Swords
This is a time for mental rest, and/or of a state of meditating. Active thought is not in the way of intuition. This is perfect mental stability.

4 of Coins
The man holding his box of coins has a smile on his face he is happy with the Stability of his coins.

Emperor
This card is the ultimate Father figure, Head of household type of person. . He is concerned wit law rules all dealing with stability. He also deals with strict adherence to policy.

Death
The card of change, removing old masks, realizing a situation has outlived its usefulness . This card is more about searching for stability.

5’s challenges

5 of Wands unlike many other 5 of wands cards this one is pretty violent . This card is all about challenges and taking the competition as far as you can .

5 of cups
Ouch this card in most decks really hurts! a girl looking a mess in a shift is very depressed . this challenged us to deal with our emotions and let go .

5 of swords
This is about the challenge of dealing with winning or loosing. Sometimes it is harder to be a good winner then a good looser.

5 of Coins
This is another fearful, depressing card. This card is learning to deal with financial loss and focus on what you do have. Some times we loss a job but forget we have a loving family .and think we lost everything.

Faith
A bald robed person is in deep prayer with 9 symbols of various faiths in a circle around the persons hands
It is a serious challenge to look for the spiritual meanings or ways of things when we cant see them with our naked eyes.

Temperance
A winged angel has 2 disks one fire one water one on top of her hands one below her feet connected by a rainbow.

Trying to practice temperance is not easy and is quit a challenge especially if you have addictive behavioral issues. Also trying to balance and combine 2 opposites into one cohesive thing is a huge challenge.

Six’s
Harmony

6 of Wands: When the energies of a person are working in harmony we can do amazing things. This is exemplified by the picture of a ruler on a balcony with a throng of people cheering him for his victory.

6 of Cups
There are 6 cups with flowers and a young boy and girl . When emotions are are in harmony with the people around us we see the world with child like innocence.

6 of Swords
A shrouded man on a bout with 6 swords going through an archway.. This card is more about trying to find harmony. Going away from chaos and towards serenity.

6 of Coins
A man has enough money they he can afford to give away coins. He is using money to establish harmony and make the scales even in life. Giving your excess to the poor who need every cent is a wonderful definition of harmony in life.

Lovers
This is about relationships and choices. Unlike most decks this is more about relationships then any thing else as a man and woman are coupling.
This is choices we make to attain a harmonious relationship

The Devil
A naked ( except for his hat) fool is locked in the cage with the door open. This card is about addictive behaviour This card is lack of harmony everything seems out of balance.

dadsnook2000

Another attempt at Step Five

I'm having a really difficult time with this step. It seems well suited to personal study but loses something when you try to write it out and share it -- almost like it too much writing. So, I'm going to try another aspect of this exercise. I'll look at all of the cards in one suite to see if there is a story line there.

Fey Tarot; suit of Pentacles.
I'll try to be analytical about this (a good Virgo Sun, Virgo Moon trait). Topical considerations: Environment, main actor, focus, feelings, action.

Ace/Pent. Work area. Creative Fey. Intently painting. Precise attention. Painting a mandala on his hand.

Two/Pent. Sitting on a cushion. Chubby, warmly dressed. Pleased to hold a pentacle. Pleasure, satisfaction. Firmly grasping.

Three/Pent. Work area. Creative Fey. Intently carving a large pentacle. Concerned about quality. Carving, then assessing work done.

Four/Pent. Quiet public building. Bewildered Fey. Unsure about what to do next. Discouraged. Total lack of action.

Five/Pent. Warm, lighted area. Relaxing group of Feys. Enjoying what they have. Rest, enjoyment. Not aware of outside-the-window-threatening-shape.

Six/Pent. Celebration of small Fey folk with lighted globes floating about. Large lady Fey, sensuous, large hands. Partying. Casual, happy. Playing with floating globes.

Seven/Pent. Cyprus-like tree, roots growing out of water, pentacles hanging from branches. Leprechaun-like Fey sucking on a stick, sitting on roots. Avoiding effort. Sleepy-aware. No action.

Eight/Pent. Work shop. Fey painter. Viewing a large, hanging pentacle she is working on. Critical. Dabbing colors, completing an image.

Nine/Pent. Stage setting, awaiting action. Well dressed Fey with bird on her head, nice clothes. Watching, is someone coming. Anticipation. Posting as if interested.

Ten/Pent. Group about a pentacle-table in a party setting. Feys and a large candle. Watching candle. Happy but waiting. Bored.

Now, 1, 4, 7, 8, 9 have a single Fey. 1, 3 and 8 are creating pentacles. Happy cards are 2 and 6. Highly focused cards are 1, 2, 3, 8 and 9. Quiet or bored cards are 5, 7, 9, 10. Nothing spectacular with this exploration.

I can't see a "cycle" of action, inaction, etc. Nothing that builds upon the prior card. Well, almost nothing. The first four cards have increasingly larger pentacles, the next three increasingly smaller, the last three cards each have large, very large pentacles. None of the pentacles are similar in design or in color.

This step just isn't working for me. There doesn't seem to be an underlying system. I like systems, progressions, cycles. With some underlying order, I can make greater sense out of things. There is nothing here between the cards for me. Yet, my readings with this deck work so well. Have I reached a point where I've outgrown this deck. Something to think about. Dave

coyoteblack

I am having a serious problem with this step as well. I also like systems ands generally work well with them. this step is just to-much. I do not mind the work per say but to much work in one step leads to a bottle neck.

IU am also having a problem fitting this together. I think we should have just put a few numbers together. any way i will still finish it by the end of the week.

Jewel

squeakmo9 said:
After having done this exercise, I realize that I am more drawn to the images on a card first. To "fit in" the number significance with the image did not feel natural to me. Perhaps having to be overly aware of numbers for this exercise may be a reason why.
In any case it was interesting, but ultimately, I received more meaning from the image and element(the VR)than from it's associated number meaning. This, more so, for my deck's minors.
Squeakmo, I think this is actually a characteristic of Magic Realist decks. I am still stuck on this step, and it honestly is not working to well with the Fantastic Menagerie either. It is not that there is not number significance there, it is just not a major emphasis and there is so much going on in images that you cannot peg it for one number or another. They are meant to work in conjunction with other cards and draw from you intuition.

The Golden VR is my primary reading deck, and I can see why this would be a difficult exercise to do with that deck. Great job by the way!

squeakmo9

For Jewel...

Jewel said:
Squeakmo, I think this is actually a characteristic of Magic Realist decks.
I didn't realize Jewel, thanks that makes much sense.
This step can be rather frustrating...trying to put a circle in a triangle as it were:D
Now that you speak of the intrinsic characteristic of this deck, I think what got me through this step then was a combo fear(of never finishing) and plain ignorance, lol!
Well, it's done.
Great to have you back, Jewel!!!
:)

Jewel

squeakmo9 said:
Now that you speak of the intrinsic characteristic of this deck, I think what got me through this step then was a combo fear(of never finishing) and plain ignorance, lol!
Well, it's done.
Great to have you back, Jewel!!!
:)
The golden VR is my primary reading deck, and I also use the FM and Fairytale by Magic Realist, and when I thought of the three decks that is when I realized that none of them really seemed to fit into the "number" focused category. They deliver the meanings of the cards not through number symbolism, but through imagery that is unique to each card meaning taking all factors of meaning into consideration. Hard to explain. Like I said I have been beating my head against a brick wall on Step 5 for over a month now. Every time I pull out the cards by numbers I go beat my head some more *LOL*. Thus I have yet to write a single word down regarding this step *LOL*. MR decks were not meant to be dissected by number, that is my final conclusion - and you did a most admirable job at it. But I just cannot fit my "sqaure" into the "triangle". I will do something broad on this step, but I am no longer going to try to force the issue, my deck says "no" *LOL*.

P.S. one of the reasons you have not seen me much in this study group lately is becuase I was still trying to figure out this step! *LOL*. Now I am ready to get some closure on it and move on and catch up with the rest of you.

dadsnook2000

For Jewel

That's the nature of some problems or challenges; if you can't meet them then you have to 1) go around them, 2) ignore them, 3) try and declare a win, 4) outgrow them or 5) rationalize them or transform them so they aren't a problem or challenge.

In all seriousness, I think your observation is quite correct. My Fey deck is not one that is organized like the Waite-Smith deck or others. Dave