Long Distance Readings

Marli

I hope this is the right place to post this, but I have now become interested in trying to do readings where the person is not in front of me.

I have never tried it before, and I believe the reason why my In Person readings have always gone so well, was because I was able to connect with the person in front of me on some level, as well as the fact that in them shuffling the cards, I believe that some of their energy was somehow transferred.... so how does one successfully do a reading for a total stranger, who's not even infront of you?

zannamarie

Practice, practice, practice.

This forum has a number of reading exchanges which are all "long distance" since they are done over the internet and partners may be from different continents. A person may be reading for someone who is asleep on the other side of the world.

My first readings were all done long distance. I just focus on the cards and any energy I receive. I've been able to pick up on the energy of those at a distance, but not all people can do this. I think if you can connect with someone in front of you, you can also do it at a distance. (Time and space are really just illusions. ;) ) You won't know you can do it until you try. I'm sure you'll find out you do just fine.

You can gain practice by joining the exchanges. The latest newbie exchange is here - http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=100084

celticnoodle

I agree with Zannamarie---practice, practice, practice! And, A.T. is the best place to start! Offer some readings here for feedback, and you'll get lots of practice!

I do alot of readings long distance, always have. In fact, I am the opposite of yourself, and am always nervous with my face to face clients! I have those too, but generally I am more nervous that way.

phoenixblu

yep we all do readings online so people are never in front of us!!!

try the Newbie exchange or I think you have time to sign up for this weeks COS!

starrystarrynight

The added benefit of reading "long distance" is that you are forced to Just Read The Cards without being tempted to alter what you see because of some perceived body language sitting across from you.

berrieh

For me, it's always been a challenge, and I think of them as really, a completely different type of reading.

In person, I think my readings are a lot more about the client, their energy, and our connection. I read much more "for them" in person, I feel.

Long distance, if it's live (chat, phone) is a new challenge. Phone is easier for me, because hearing someone's voice, at least once, helps me "find their energy" a great deal (in quotes, because I'm not entirely sure what I mean when I say that...I know how it feels, but not the logic). But even chat is more like in person than the forum readings here or email reads, because I have the person's attention at the exact same moment...and energy isn't about what you can see, or even hear, but simply feel.

My belief, in terms of a person's essential energy (which is what I hope I connect to) is that it exists on a spiritual plane that is not here, on earth. Therefore, I endeavor to get my energy closer to their energy on THAT plane. Their proximity to me in the mundane doesn't matter if I can connect to them.

This style of reading is near impossible with email or anything where we aren't both concentrating at the same moment, unless it's someone I already have some sort of connection to. So, I do something totally different:

I read for me.

I don't read for the sitter in these instances. I read on the sitter, for their concerns, and I try to help them or answer them... but I read from my perspective since I can't be sure in honing into theirs.

I've tried reading the same way as I do in person, and it's usually not worked out well. I find if I just read for me, and ask for the truth, so I can share it with them, it does better for me. This isn't my preferred way of reading. I'm a bit of an energy junkie, so half the wonderful thing about reading for others is being allowed into their essential energy. But it's been my only workaround so far.

SunChariot

Actually, I am much better at reading remotely than when the person is there. I really find it next to impossible to read in person. I guess so much depends on your reading style. . I could not focus if someone else where there looking over my shoulder or worse if they spoke me me. LOL So that is what I prefer to do, have the querent e-mail me the question(s) and then I e-mail them back the reading

It takes a lot of focus and concentration to read the way I read. I just couldn't focus as I need to with someone else there. For me it starts with looking deeply into the image and seeing what I see in the colours, shapes, symbols...then a flow starts (which I think might be some form of channeling) where the ideas start flowing and I can barely type them as fast as they are coming. I can sense inside when I am on track...For me it's quite a long drawn out process. I know my readings tend to be longer than anyone else's I know.

Again it's all in how you read. If you think that you are getting some of your answers from being physically near the person, that could throw you at first. My personal belief is that I ask the question and the answers come from my higher powers (in my case I feel it is my angels) who then answer me. The person does not need to be there, in my eyes, because my angels know the answer perfectly well (as they know everything) without the querent being present.

That and imho, they understand the querent likely better than the querent understands him/herself. Sometimes we hide from certain things and/or don't want to accept certain things about ourselves and so refuse to see of believe it. The angels of course know the truth of the situation. So with an in person reading, the reaction of the querent to me could through you off if they are acting as though they are not such and such a way, when in fact maybe they truly are... and maybe they need to see it for whatever purpose.

Well those are just my opinions, and I agree with what many others have said. Practice here on AT, there are many groups here where you can do so and get some in depth feedback at the same time. :grin:

Best of luck!

Babs

Marli

Re: All of The Advice Given

Thank you guys sooo much for all of the advice!

I have infact decided to do 2 things - I have signed up for the newbie reading exchange that starts tomorrow - so wish me good luck with that

and as a pre-cursor to that, I have asked 2 of my best-friends who live in seperate countries if I could do a long distance reading for them, in preparation for "taking the training wheels off" so to speak...

I am actually quite excited about the prospects of all of this - and I think that in doing the readings for my friends - it's a good step in the right direction - before taking that leap!

Will write back here and let you guys know how it all went... so without further procrastination, I'm off to do the 1st reading for my friend....

Marli

Marli

Re: Amazon Order

MM,

If you are ordering from Amazon - I also posted a review of the deck there called "Tarot in 3D", and I also posted extra pics of the cards for people who were intersted in seeing some of the pip cards in the deck....

I hope you grow to love this deck, as much as I do!

Marli

SunChariot

You're welcome Marli, and good luck!!!

But remember there is no way anything can go wrong so you don't need luck. This is not a matter of success of failure with your readings as you learn. Learning is necessarily a process of trial and error. We learn what works for us and what doesn't by trying. So whatever you do and whatever happens will help improve your reading skills. It's all good. no matter what.

Plus you already know how to read, so that will transfer to your online reading.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes,

:heart:
Babs