Cards that show the internet

MissCW

I've seen a few posts in your readings recently regarding the internet - dating, chatting that kind of thing. It got me to thinking what cards would show internet use do you think?

Of the Courts, I reckon the Swords suit but what about some of the others?

I'm sure this is going to come up soon (I have a few friends who are venturing into this territory) so what would I look for to show in a practical sense, someone using the internet? At first I thought 8 of Wands but thats more of a text or phone card for me ..

Any ideas of cards to look out for in such questions?

balenciaga

The 8 wands consistently comes up for me - any kind of text. Any of the pages can denote e-mail or any kind of message.

starrystarrynight

The Magician has come up for me in readings about online relationships.

MissCW

The Magician .. not thought of that one but I can see how that would work. I dont know if I would like to see him in relation to the internet though, anyone can be anything on there !! Would make me a bit worried I think! ;)

Mellifluous

To be honest, I don't see internet usage as any different from other communication. So... all the knights and pages, eight of wands, and whatever other cards mean communication to any specific tarot reader.

tarotlyn

Joining in...

For me, it is the 8 wands, because I think it represents "all" forms of communication and travel plans.

Here are some of the types of things it can usually mean in my readings:

Upright meanings (for me)

Email

(delivered in "any" way - snail mail, telephone, telegram, Internet chat...etc.)

Online work done (such as web site design) or even "selling" online, such as on ebay.
Or your online service.

Airplane travel (or any "fast" travel)

Reversed meanings (for me)

A delay in receiving messages (any kind) or messages are "blocked." completely
(or a "delay" in getting answers or not being able to get an answer - totally blocked)

Online selling is delayed (payments to you are delayed) or selling is "blocked"
for some reason. Or a web site is having problems... Or you are having
problems with your online service.

Travel plans are "delayed" or are totally "blocked."

:heart: successgoodhealth (Lyn)

Aladdin

The Hanson-Roberts book written by Laura Clarson gives a reversed Hierophant as possibly having an interest in computors and advanced technology.

MoonLitCrystal

The World Wide Web....(ba dum bum)

Thanks ladies and gentlemen, I'm here all week.

:laugh:

Nisha

Definitely 8 of Wands and also 2 of Wands.

~Nisha

firemaiden

I agree, first card I think of is the eight of wands.