Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

Emily

I've just come back from a week in Wales and I did the right thing this time - I only took the Liber T with me. :) And I did dailies every day but I had to handwrite them - it made me realise that I couldn't go back to a handwritten journal LOL - also one problem, when I was packing I forgot to pack the damned thing so its left at the van until I go down next time (I remembered my Liber T though :) )

I'm a little bit closer to trimming a Liber T too - not the one I'm using - it doesn't want to be trimmed but I'll buy a new copy and do that one instead.

I'll soon be at 11 months with the Liber T - I've gone a lot further than I thought I would and I don't really want to move on but I think when I hit the big 12 months then I'll branch out again with other decks - not sure of which ones yet though.

I've been reading again about IDS'rs ending their studies early and although you are all probably feeling guilty, don't. When a study isn't fun anymore then it turns into a chore and its time to end. I had the same feelings when I used the Old Path - at the end the deck just didn't do anything for me at all and I couldn't wait to start using other decks. I did learn a lot from my first study but it took me a while to want to dedicate myself to just one deck for any length of time again.

I know I seem to be lasting with this study but to be honest, I realised a long while ago that the Liber T is a deck that is going to be with me forever. I feel incredibly lucky that I've managed to find a deck that even now gives me a thrill when I use it.

For some of you, it hasn't happened with this study but it will. :)

Emily

sravana said:
So, yes, I suppose I'm actually continuing my IDS, but now with a variety of TdM. :) (sig altered for that)

Ohh I'll wait for your posts with interest too - I've never been able to get to grips with the TdM and I have some really nice ones in my collection but nothing has managed to motivate me.

Hooked on TdM

Well I made the switch! Discovered that my 1JJ Swiss will hold up to wear so I have started to study with it. I'm still going to do readings with the Camoin, for now. Once I've studied most of the cards that are drasticaly different from the Camoin then I'll switch to the Swiss for readings too! I'm feeling very good about this! :)

Hooked

Emily

thorhammer said:
I saw you posting over in the Thoth forum a few days ago about choosing a deck to trim. I've now got three Thoths :rolleyes: one of which is trimmed (but not cornered :D), another small one that's untrimmed, and a large one that came yesterday AND IS A GREENIE!!!! I'm so excited. But anyway. I digress. What I wanted to say is, I really would get a big one to trim. The details are so much better, and trimmed, the small one is teensy. The big one's images are larger than the whole smaller cards, and they'd be sooo awesome trimmed.

\m/ Kat

I have a greenie Thoth too - they are getting really hard to get a hold of - the green wash does take a little getting used to. :)

rwcarter

I've had a greenie since the mid-90's. Didn't know any different when I bought it. Now I have more than one greenie thanks to an ATer who's downsizing....

Rodney

Emily

My first Thoth was a greenie bought from a second hand shop and to be honest when I got it back, it looked nothing like the vibrant colourful scans I'd been seeing online - I didn't know that it was one of the green Thoths. I bought another Thoth soon after and realised that the second hand one was a white box greenie.

I've never seen any other greenies in the flesh only online.

SolSionnach

Hooked on TdM said:
Well I made the switch! Discovered that my 1JJ Swiss will hold up to wear so I have started to study with it. I'm still going to do readings with the Camoin, for now. Once I've studied most of the cards that are drasticaly different from the Camoin then I'll switch to the Swiss for readings too! I'm feeling very good about this! :)

Hooked
Yay! I'm so glad that you're up for the IDS with that deck!
I think I need to update my IDS pledge - pledging to buy no more decks until at least the end of August. I've completely maxed out my budget, with buying the Ancient Italian Tarot and a German repro playing card deck from R Sommerville (exchange rate be damned, the Ancient Italian Tarot is OOP, HTF, and I wanted it!) the I Ching Holitzka deck and a Mini Jodo TdM, and my beloved Hadar.. mercy. Not to mention a tarot book (Huson) and *2* astrology books.

Okay, for the rest of my IDS I will
- draw a card a day
- read the AT TdM forums
- throw a spread twice a week
and I will NOT
- buy any more decks (until after my b-day in Sept)
- read with any deck that's not the Hadar or Fournier TdM

I have the option to renew this IDS at the end of August. :)

Emily

I didn't realise the Ancient Italian was OOP, it's a lovely Soprafino deck with very expressive Minors and unlike the Classic, it doesn't have the keywords. :)

Hooked on TdM

Okay I am officialy joining the IDS!

I am going to study the 1JJ Swiss for this round. So I pledge:

To do a card by card study.
To do a daily draw (which I'm horrible for not doing!)
Once I have studied all the Majors and courts, I will only read with the Swiss.
I will not buy any decks or make any trades for the duration.
I will use resources (online books etc) to help further my knowledge (but only in connection to the Swiss.)
I will not look or riffle through other decks (minus to check the one in the mail coming to me for completness.)
I will do the IDS for no less than 2 months for as long as I need to afterwards.

:) Hooked

SolSionnach

Emily said:
I didn't realise the Ancient Italian was OOP, it's a lovely Soprafino deck with very expressive Minors and unlike the Classic, it doesn't have the keywords. :)
Oh nevermind, it is also available from Alida. However, it is more decorative than the Classic, and doesn't have the hideous keywords, as you said! I wish I'd known about it when I bought the Classic...
Hooked on TdM said:
Okay I am officialy joining the IDS!
Yay! :party:
Hooked on TdM said:
I am going to study the 1JJ Swiss for this round. So I pledge:

To do a card by card study.
To do a daily draw (which I'm horrible for not doing!)
Once I have studied all the Majors and courts, I will only read with the Swiss.
I will not buy any decks or make any trades for the duration.
I will use resources (online books etc) to help further my knowledge (but only in connection to the Swiss.)
I will not look or riffle through other decks (minus to check the one in the mail coming to me for completness.)
I will do the IDS for no less than 2 months for as long as I need to afterwards.

:) Hooked
:)
Welcome, Hooked. Glad to see ya here! :)