Dogged By a Page

WishingWell

Since I returned to tarot, the majority of my readings pertaining to my personal/romantic life have been dogged by the Page of Pentacles. He's in my past, he's in my present, and there he is....in the future. At first, I thought my deck was flawed- bowed, perhaps- and favoring the card. So, I asked to use my mother's brand new, twice handled, Golden tarot. First card I drew on the horizon of a general love life spread- The Page of Pentacles. Later, I asked my son's father to draw for me, and who showed up? The page. Today, thinking I'd just entertain myself with a few spreads from the spread section, I drew the Page of Pentacles for a "Life Partner" spread in the position of "Your Future Mate in a Nutshell."

Now, I reluctantly "suspect" I know exactly who this person is in my life (a younger man who works in the dirt all day), and I must admit I'm extremely skeptical that the next great romance I experience is going to be with someone I don't even especially like. By the way, I actually dared ask, "Is (blankety-blank) the Page of Pentacles?" I shuffled at least a good dozen times, cut the deck, and drew a card. The Page of Pentacles. If that wasn't answer enough, I don't know what else would be. I guess I'd need the guy, himself, to come knocking at my door in little orange tights, a green tunic, and a funny red hat, while gazing into a pentacle for me to finally swallow it.

Has anyone experienced this? You're certain that you know who a card represents, but the cards are predicting an outcome that you can't possibly foresee participating in? And how did that play out? I'd like to get over this "Page of Pentacles" hump and move on....to like....the Knight of Cups, or something. Someone that doesn't actually set my teeth on edge.

Any suggestions on how to illuminate the message the card is sending or get to the root of the matter?

Forensic

Well, first thing that comes to mind is that although this "blankety-blank" ;) may be a Page of Pentacles, he may not be the one the tarot is referring to?

WishingWell

That would be nice. :) Perhaps a more emotionally intelligent Page of Pents than the one I'm presently acquainted with. You know how it is, though...You just assign or associate certain cards to certain people that you know, or have known.

rcb30872

Do you work? Is there anyone at work that you think is, well, someone you could consider (I was going to say a bit of alright, but that is more in the sense of something along someone you are attracted to, or more to the point, sexy). I take it you are a single mum, and you see the father of your child on the odd occasion, is there a distinct posibility, however small, that it could be your son's father?

In all honesty, I was thinking that it might be someone you meet through your son, whether that is a teacher, a man that is a single father, or anything along those lines.

ETA: Just thought of another possibility, meeting someone through a new hobby or interest ;)

Doesn't have to be this person you are referring to "who works in the dirt" although he seems to fit the description ;)

WishingWell

Rc, it is really interesting that you mention someone that I might meet through my son's education! The Page of Pentacles is usually accompanied with the 6 of Cups, and it occurred to me that it could possibly be children returning to school! I even mentioned that possibility to my mother, when discussing it. You might be on to something there!

Heh...I hope I don't sound at all hoighty-toighty about "him" working in the dirt. It's just.....well.....it's the dirt, which automatically smacks of "pentacles" to me. Plus, he's runs the entire operation. He happens to be very ambitious and obsessed with material/financial security, which is unusual for a man in his mid 20's.

I work at home, and live virtually out in the middle of nowhere. I do see my son's father all the time, and we happen to be great friends, but we've felt only like brother and sister for many years, now. We separated a long time ago. He is soooo very much the King of Swords, in my mind.

How unusual that you mentioned my son....To me, that strikes a cord. :) Thank you for responding.

rcb30872

Fair enough, I usually get Cups for who mine is, I am an Earth sign (hey, it's me, the Page of Pentacles, kidding, well, ewwwwwww, no offence intended, but not that way inclined ;)) and if I get anything in relation to my son it would be more than likely be a Page of Wands (little terror :p). Although on a few occasions I got a Ten of Pentacles, which I assumed would be through my brother's wedding which was in March (hopeless with dates, I think), but alas, nada.

Single mum here, so I know what it is like :love:

The reason why I mentioned that, because that has been suggested to me, that I would meet my man, in a manner of speaking, through little man :p

WishingWell

Well, I'd take just about anyone else as the Page of Pentacles, at this point in time! :)

Funny, my son would also be the Page of Wands! He pops up in many readings, and my little eight year old.....oh, he's wild. Very fiery! Aries to the core. When people say, "What an angel!" I reply, "Lucifer was an angel, too. :)" I think his fierce independent streak is just so awesome, though, and I don't discourage him from asserting himself or speaking his mind. Unless it's very early in the morning and I haven't had any coffee. The world comes to a screeching halt until I've had a some caffeine.

I'm pretty Queen of Cups, through and through. Being a triple water sign, it's almost impossible to think of myself in other terms. I'm all about dreamy, watery tendencies and qualities.

It's been suggested that you, too, would meet Mr. Right through your son? Hmmm...10 of Pentacles? That is hard to interpret. Something traditional...A holiday school event? The ten of pentacles is one that I've always had difficulty relating to.

Thirteen

Ask the Deck!

And, once again, I dispense this advice. If a card is coming up over and over again, then the deck is trying to get your attention and give you a message regarding it. Now I think your gut instinct about who it is is absolutely right, but what may be wrong is your belief that it's about romance. Imagine you want to get someone's attention about, oh, an on-coming truck about to mow them down. They're chattering about their love life, "Love life, love life, love life" and you're shouting "TRUCK! TRUCK!" and they say, "You think I should marry a truck?"

I think the cards are smacking their heads against a wall at this point. :D

You can't make the assumption that this card the deck keeps flashing at you is about romance. All it means is that the deck has a message about Page/Pents and it wants to get that message to you right now! So here is what you do: Shuffle well and create four piles, one for each suit. Intellect/communications, love/emotions/family, philosophy/travel/career, home/work/health.

The pile with the Page/Pents in it is what the message is all about. You get him in the love/emotion/family pile and you can assume that, yes, the deck wants to give you a message about him in that regard. We'll call the chosen pile "The subject"--if he turns up in communication, then the Page/Pent's message is about communications--maybe between you and this guy, or maybe on some other topic that that Page/Pents relates to, like work or health. If he shows up in home/work, then you may need to think home projects? And if in the "ethics/travel/career" pile, then maybe the message is about this guy and the fact that digging in the dirt isn't his ultimate ambition and you should find out what that ultimate ambition is.

But you're not done yet. Take the page out, put him down and do a reading with him as your signifier. The question being, "What are you trying to tell me about _______________?"--this being the subject of the pile that he was in. So "What are you trying to tell me about my home/work?")

The deck isn't going to stop "shouting" this card at you until you get the right message about him. So you need to stop trying to guess what it is, and give the deck a chance to tell you.

Aerin

Thirteen said:
So here is what you do: Shuffle well and create four piles, one for each suit. Intellect/communications, love/emotions/family, philosophy/travel/career, home/work/health.

The pile with the Page/Pents in it is what the message is all about. You get him in the love/emotion/family pile and you can assume that, yes, the deck wants to give you a message about him in that regard. We'll call the chosen pile "The subject"--if he turns up in communication, then the Page/Pent's message is about communications--maybe between you and this guy, or maybe on some other topic that that Page/Pents relates to, like work or health. If he shows up in home/work, then you may need to think home projects? And if in the "ethics/travel/career" pile, then maybe the message is about this guy and the fact that digging in the dirt isn't his ultimate ambition and you should find out what that ultimate ambition is.

But you're not done yet. Take the page out, put him down and do a reading with him as your signifier. The question being, "What are you trying to tell me about _______________?"--this being the subject of the pile that he was in. So "What are you trying to tell me about my home/work?")

The deck isn't going to stop "shouting" this card at you until you get the right message about him. So you need to stop trying to guess what it is, and give the deck a chance to tell you.

What a fab way of dealing with repeaters! I usually draw just one card as a clarifier for a puzzling card which usually works, but I like this much better.

Aerin

Thirteen

Aerin said:
What a fab way of dealing with repeaters! I usually draw just one card as a clarifier for a puzzling card which usually works, but I like this much better.
Thank you :)

Oh, and I stupidly forgot--the work/health pile might also be "money." Dumb of me to forget that Page Pents might be a message about money.