White Boxed OTO Thoth Question

manda78

I know that the Thoth editions have been covered extensivly, but I was wondering if there was a NEW Thoth edition in the white OTO box..like within the past ten years? I have been researching it, but havent yet seen a new Thoth in the white box, but I have seen several decks listed as "new" in the white OTO box in places like Amazon and E-Bay. To the best of my knowledge, the last white boxed Thoth was released around 1978-1983? Right? Any help is appreciated!
Thanks
Manda

Abrac

I believe there must be some out there but not as many as the green box. The confusing thing is both the OTO white box and the US Games green box have the same ISBN- 0913866156, so unless you're looking at a picture of the actual item, or you ask, it could be either one. Weiser also has a green box version but it has a different ISBN.

manda78

I think I actually got the 78-83 version, since it has the symbols beside the words on the bottom of the card. Confusing, confusing!
Manda

Emily

I know that when I ordered my Weiser Thoth a few years ago, Amazon was showing the white box version but the one that came was the green box large. I think it's a case of Amazon not updating their database. It was also a lot cheaper than the other Thoths they were selling.

manda78

I think I know what youre talking about, Emily. On amazon they show the white box on the top photo, but the "stock photo" is the green boxed edition. Luckily on E-bay they usually show a pic of the cards themselves, so you can tell more accurately which edition youre looking at.

Emily

Hi manda,

It took Amazon quite a while to realise that they were selling the large green box Thoth for just under half price just because it had a white box ISBN. I think I only paid £10 for it but the other Thoth's were more expensive. Infact I paid more for my standard Thoth.

I did just check on Amazon UK and they don't show the white box Thoth now and they are all the same price.

manda78

Whats really confusing is that there are just SO many editions, today I saw a green boxed Thoth with the OTO symbol on it...No idea where that came from! I actually got a large green Thoth for just over $10 american...paid $25 for my brand new pocket Thoth with the three Magus cards. I thought it was a great deal :)

Abrac

Boy you are right about a lot of editions. I still see new ones all the time. Yesterday I saw one in a blue box with the Two of Disks on the front. That was a first.