Rider-Waite-Smith Study Group

Phoenix

Hey all

Ophiel and myself are interested in starting a study group about the Rider-Waite-Smith deck, and I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in participating.

Topics would include: favorite card, least favorite card, favorite waite version, the Major Arcana, the Minor Arcana, and others.

Please leave a message here if you are interested.

mrsjvan

I'd be interested. I love my RWS deck and no matter how many other decks I get, I have a feeling it will stay one of my most used.

Ophiel

<Raises hand, a signal of approval>

I just noticed this post. You can count me in, though it looks like you already have! I'd like to focus mostly on the symbolism, and anything else is fine. Would you like to take a card at a time, or leave the forum more open?

little

I've just started a private study of the Waite, and I'd be open for a study group.

jmd

I would also be very interested in especially looking at the Major Arcana card by card, paying attention to its details and its historical and iconographic connections to other cards.

Kazz

Oh yes...count me in also.
I have had this deck for years ...it's my "trusty ole pal"...it is very well seasoned let me tell you....but I love it, and I have studied the deck in depth a couple of times in study groups, and would be happy to go through it again and also to help out others who are not quite familiar.

Cheers
Kazz

:TQC

Ophiel

Esoterica?

Can I be in the group? I mean, you have to know up front that my *main* concern here is the symbolism and esoterica. I don't read cards in the same manner of most people in this group.

Silverlotus

I'd like to be included too. I've never used a strict RW clone (like Universal Waite), but I have used many RW influenced decks. I'd really like to explore the symbolism of RW in a study group. (Pardon my rambling, I'm just recovering from a wicked cold.) :)

Ophiel

Forgive my ignorance in this, but how do we get started? Should I get a clipboard and petition, stand in front of my local library, and collect a certain number of signatures or something?

Karenwhe

Count me in. I use only the RW though I have other decks (for ornamental purposes :D )