Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Magical Forest - High Priestess

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Tarot of the Magical Forest

Citizen

karen0205 
Citizen

Magical Forest - High Priestess

from lwb:

II - The High Priestess
Wise Owl peers into the night and perches motionless between two trees as if he were the pillar of a temple. He conceals and reveals, always with an enigmatic glance. "You who know all, who has studied all the books of the forest, tell me the secrets you keep!"

The big eyes on the High Priestess are like she's looking right at you and into you. She is completely focused on you. The points on the banner above her head really draw your attention to her eyes, they are definitely the focus of the card. Her robe is light and airy and is a big contrast to the hard marble or stone she is standing on. It makes her seem approachable like she is there to help. She also does not seem relaxed. She's standing and seems like there's something to do, she's ready to get to work. I like the colors of this card too.
Attached Images

Top   #1
Citizen

r0sered1ster 
Citizen

Magical Forest- The High Priestess

When I look into her eyes, I'm struck by the idea that they are big because she sees everything and adds it to her little book of information. The red banner above her head, to me, symbolizes the separation between conscious and unconscious and the designs remind me in a way of pineapples. Behind appears to be a mountain and I wonder what is on the path that leads there. She does look approachable and kind, qualities that appeal to someone that might be somewhat timid. So asking her a question would not be a scary thing.
Top   #2
Citizen

GryffinSong 
Citizen

What is the significance of the "B" and "J" on the dark and light pillars behind her? Does anyone know? Is that on other types of decks? Looking at my Hanson-Roberts, I see dark and light pillars, but no letters.

I really love how the moon nestles in the lower right front.

I do love this card. It's like she understands and appreciates and feels the wonder of everything. I often see religious types as not feeling much of anything. So many christian groups have priests and such who are supposed to stifle normal urges. This priestess looks like she sees the magic in the world. Very sweet and approachable!!!
Top   #3
Citizen

r0sered1ster 
Citizen

The words are Hebrew: Boaz means "in strength" and Jachin means "he establishes." These pillars are symbolic of the balance and reverence of higher power the High Priestess represents. I can put in the link to the page, but I'm not really sure how...
Top   #4
Citizen

GryffinSong 
Citizen

Thanks for the hebrew reference. I hadn't noticed that in other decks.
Top   #5
Citizen

r0sered1ster 
Citizen

I only noticed it as a small footnote at the bottom of a page which referenced some "traditional" decks, I'm guessing they mean Rider-Waite. I have several decks, by no means a great collection but I myself had not even noticed or thought about it much until your post...thank you for bringing it up, it helps a lot when just learning!
Top   #6
Citizen

GryffinSong 
Citizen

Just dug out my Universal Waite, and it's got big "B" and "J" on the pillars too. In fact, it's funny, because her cross is right between them, so it looks like it says "B + J". Also, she's holding a book in her hands, and in the Waite I can see that it says "Tora". Presumably the "h" is under her cloak.
Top   #7
Citizen

karen0205 
Citizen

The cross has both lengths of the cross are equal representing the balance of positive and negative forces.

The pomegranates on the banner are supposed to represent the female elements and the leaves represent the male elements. It is supposed to remind you that they subconcoius is capable of reproducing, producing more information. Maybe through meditation?
Top   #8
Citizen

Ruby7 
Citizen

I love this High Priestess, she seems so wise and gentle. I find there is a lot of atmosphere to this card, the banner is flapping in the breeze and I can almost imagine myself right there.
Top   #9
Citizen

Quester 
Citizen

She seems like she is saying I know things that you might want to know, but I won't interrupt you...I will wait until you are ready to hear from me.
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.