Baroque Bohemian Cats - Eight of Wands

SolSionnach

Initial Impressions: Things are moving Fast!
Card description, symbols and objects: Ginger tom in a waistcoat, playing with a cat toy which has a dragonfly on the tip. Eight winged golden wands plunge toward him, he looks up, startled. We are up high, looking down on a green slope with a largish mansion-style building. Blue sky with some white clouds.
Symbols on this card suggest: Speed, a cat's lightning-quick reflexes, dragonfly darting hither and yon. Things coming "out of the blue", events happening when you are occupied with other things. Startling events
Emotions, feelings, and attitudes of the figures, and the mood and atmosphere of the environment: The cat looks startled by the sudden apparition of the eight wands careening toward him, it's as though he was busy having fun, playing with his dragonfly switch, and then he notices the disconcerting wands. He isn't particularly threatened, because cats have such fast reflexes, but he needs to figure out if dashing out of the way is appropriate!
Mental: very quick decision making. Events changing quickly, requiring one to be mentally light on one's feet, mental clarity, no cloudy thinking, mentally riding on the wind, dashing with ease (dragonfly), the need for quick decisions
Spirit – drive, enthusiasm, will power, creativity: wow! great energy and drive, new ideas coming quickly, lots of creative energy, ability to quickly take advantage of the situation, divine inspiration
Emotional: happiness, falling in love, the arrows of love, quickly changing emotions,
Physical: boundless good health/energy, fast reflexes, adaptability, moving, going places, financial windfall or unforeseen financial disaster (coming home to roost)
Soul: manna from heaven, sudden insight into spiritual matters, a conversion experience, experience/energy breaking through daily life, seeing deeper into reality after following a spiritual practice
Business: unexpected new opportunity along with the energy and insight to make use of it
Relationship(s): falling in love, the arrows of love, learning something wonderful about one's beloved, lots more energy for a relationship
Beneficial: things are moving fast and positively, lots of energy is available, mental agility
Problematic: fast reflexes are required, being swamped by events, unable to get "out of the way" of an unforeseen situation, things changing quickly "out of the blue"
Passing Influence: you've experienced a surge of energy, and events were moving very quickly. Now things are slowing down, and a more normal time is approaching
The Situation: Go go GO! You have a huge opportunity, make the best of it.
Hidden influence: events are moving very fast right now, you have to go with the flow and stay light on your feet, especially mentally, to react in time
Advice: get out of your rut and make a decision, rely on your mental quickness,
Foundation: events have caught up with you, unforeseen changes have unsettled you and you want some insight into what is happening
Gift of the Universe: loads of energy, wonderful feelings, new experiences and situations are coming into an otherwise stagnant situation, ability to stay on top of the situation, very quick mental ability
Outcome: No matter what you do, things are going to change, and quickly. Be adaptable and nimble, and use this time to your advantage. Don't be surprised, and you will be able to stay on top of things.

Modern Mystic

Did you ever notice that the 8 of Wands has only 7 wands pictured? Is this a mistake or a deliberate thing?

GryffinSong

Modern Mystic said:
Did you ever notice that the 8 of Wands has only 7 wands pictured? Is this a mistake or a deliberate thing?

I've been wondering this myself. Bumping this up to see if anyone has a clue why there are only seven wands. I even put on my reading glasses and poured over the image, wondering if there was an eighth wand hiding somewhere! LOL

Belinda2

a new deck

I heard from their website that they might be publishing another Baroque Bohmian cats deck. Does anyone heard anything about this?

GryffinSong

Belinda2 said:
I heard from their website that they might be publishing another Baroque Bohmian cats deck. Does anyone heard anything about this?

I painstakingly read through a very LONG thread about this deck last night. It said that they're planning for a 3rd edition, perhaps sometime in 2011. I haven't seen any updates recently, though. I'm hoping they'll also reprint the companion book.

Belinda2

GryffinSong said:
I painstakingly read through a very LONG thread about this deck last night. It said that they're planning for a 3rd edition, perhaps sometime in 2011. I haven't seen any updates recently, though. I'm hoping they'll also reprint the companion book.
Yes I myself would love the book, right now if you can find it, it is too costly so I don't have it.