King of Swords as how someone feels about you

EmpressRenee

When one draws the King of Swords in the position of 'how someone feels about you' in a relationship reading, which of the following would this indicate how they feel:

1) They feel that you are akin to the King of Swords - i.e. that you display the characteristics of the King of Swords - you are fair, logical etc.
2) They feel like the King of Swords towards you i.e. they feel detached, cool, fair, logical, much into communicating with you

I am still not so sure how to interpret a Court Card in the position as 'how someone feels about you' so any thoughts on the King of Swords in this posision is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Renee

SwordsQueen

Sometimes it means that he is choosing his head over his heart with regard to you - however that may be ... at least, I have often had that experience myself with the cards.

So just an extra thought.

megx

It could mean they are taking a logical approach to the way they think about you, not wanting to let their heart rule their head.

This may have nothing to do with you but instead have to do with former relationship issues and the like. They've been hurt before so rather than jump in because their heart tells them so they are waiting to make a judgement about you based on their observations.

EmpressRenee

Thank you very much for these interpretations - they throw fresh light on how to read the King of Swords in that position.

:)

Grizabella

Well, it's how he feels about you, so I'd say he has a very intellectual view of you. He's not romantic about you or passionate about you. The question isn't how he sees you, so you wouldn't apply the King of Swords to yourself, you'd apply it to his feelings about you.

starrystarrynight

Grizabella said:
Well, it's how he feels about you, so I'd say he has a very intellectual view of you. He's not romantic about you or passionate about you. The question isn't how he sees you, so you wouldn't apply the King of Swords to yourself, you'd apply it to his feelings about you.
Yes, thank you! I stumbled over this type of position for years, too.

I would go even a step further, as well, to suggest that, for me, since I often see court cards as "what one should emulate in the situation", perhaps this also means that [the person in question] may lack in thinking clearly and honestly about you, and/or he could/should be more fair in his thoughts about you (i.e. he might have some preconceptions about you that may or may not be correct), or even that he hasn't given you much thought at all...yet.

mache

The King of Swords usually represents the perfect match when it comes to a romantic relationship, he is the best husband actually, even though his reputation of being too cold follows him, he is very loyal, respectful and understand deep love. He has may not be as openly passionate as the Kind of Wands or Pentacles, or as attractive and sweet as the King of Cups, but he will stay with his couple in sickness and health.
So when the King of Cups comes out to reveal what the one man feels for a woman, is that he is experiencing the mirror effect and he is seeing he can be or already is this man for you. The final thing to solve is if he will accept that rol, and it will depend mostly on if he likes it or not. So, right now, it's not about how he feels about you, but how he is feeling because of you.

Thirteen

mache said:
it's not about how he feels about you, but how he is feeling because of you.
That's a nice thing to say, but it completely ignores the *position* of the card in the spread which *IS* how this person is feeling about them, not how they're feeling because of them.

Putting it another way, how I feel about a person may have to do with events in my life or emotional ups/downs within, from a mid-life crises to drinking too much caffeine. Haven't you ever seen a man get all romantic for a young woman because he is going through a mid-life crisis...not because that young woman is anything special? Because HE needs to feel young again, not because she makes him feel young. Yes?

In short, what this man is feeling towards this querent may have NOTHING to do with them--or everything to do with them. My point is, we really shouldn't presume one way or another and so muddy the waters.

The position is quite clear--whatever the reason, this is how the person feels about the other person. Loyal, cool, and wanting to be fair. That most of all. The King/Swords feels a need to be very fair towards others. Whether that feeling is because of a mid-life crisis, or because the querent makes them feel that way is up to the reader to intuit with the help of all the other cards in the spread.

The King/Swords, however special you find him, is not so special, IMHO, that he should automatically change the interpretation of the position of the card from "about you" to "because of you."

EmpressRenee

mache said:
The King of Swords usually represents the perfect match when it comes to a romantic relationship, he is the best husband actually, even though his reputation of being too cold follows him, he is very loyal, respectful and understand deep love. He has may not be as openly passionate as the Kind of Wands or Pentacles, or as attractive and sweet as the King of Cups, but he will stay with his couple in sickness and health.

Thank you mache for the explanation above :)

These are some more attributes of the King of Swords that I can add to my journal ~

Much appreciated ~

Renee

EmpressRenee

Thirteen said:
The position is quite clear--whatever the reason, this is how the person feels about the other person. Loyal, cool, and wanting to be fair. That most of all. The King/Swords feels a need to be very fair towards others. Whether that feeling is because of a mid-life crisis, or because the querent makes them feel that way is up to the reader to intuit with the help of all the other cards in the spread.

Thanx so much Thirteen!

Renee