Tarot spells

Ann Yu

I've heard about Tarot spells and I wonder what it is. I've searched on Google and Yahoo and there are almost spells for people who are professional on spells. So I really don't know how to make spells from Tarot (after searching, I feel that it has no formula or rules...) and how does/can it work? I need more basic information about it. Thank you so much!

Mellifluous

People who are Wiccan or consider themselves witches may have more detailed answers to this question. (I'm neither.)

There is a book called Tarot Spells by Janina Renee that you can look through on amazon.com. (Use the 'search inside this book' feature.) I have it. It's pretty good and I have tried some of the spells. To me, it's the same as meditation or prayer (complete with candles, tarot cards, and maybe one or two other bits and bobs). It can be a really nice, relaxing thing to do when you have the time for it.

Enjoy it, if you try it! :)

WolfSpirit

Tarot spells are not fundamentally different from other spells. You can use the cards as a tool to focus your mind on, but the energy of the spell still has to come from the person who does it.
But - if you have a deck you connect well with, it can be a powerful help.

I use them for meditation and visualisation mostly - I don't know if that counts as spellwork.

November's Dawn

I would say that tarot spells and tarot meditations belond to the same cup because you need to use visulization and intuition to go deeper into cards energy. Only difference with spell is that you invoke by words what you wish into your life. I'm new with spells as well and I decided to use Secret tarot for both spells and meditation. The best spell to work with is the one you feel :)

Shade

I have the Tarot Spells book by Renee and at one time the Tarot Spellcaster. The Renee book is its own system whereas the Spellcaster was mainly a lovely coffee table book with pictures of cards added to spells.

The system by Renee has you pre-select cards for a working and then lay them out one at a time in a ritual. As you lay one out you visualize yourself in a scene like the one depicted in the card or experiencing the energy of the card. There are other actions associated with some spells (like getting dirt from points around a business you want to hire you).

Tarot Spells has what is, for me, necessary for a good spell book:

An internally consistent system
The ability to modify the spells to your specific needs
A great deal of variety in the spells listed

JenWt43

A tarot card can be used to represent either a person or a situation, and used in spellwork like any other object - a rock, a crystal, a candle, a picture, etc. Just keep in mind that you will either need a copy of the card, or a card from a "throwaway" deck, if you are going to bury it in the garden, throw it into the lake, burn it in the fire, tape it to a helium balloon and watch it sail away... :)

nisaba

Spells are about personal focus.

A Tarot card is like anything else: there is no spell it is actually necessary for (ultimately, all you need is your mind), but like everything else it can be used in spellcraft to help focus the attention if you need that help. :)

ivanna

I made two tarot spells during the last month.
One to have a bit of luck at home, and the other one was to send mental power to my husband during a competition.
The first one was made following the instrucctions of a Wicca book, and the second one was made on my own. I selected the cards I found better, a candle and a brazelet.
I don't know yet if it has worked.
:)

migzmeister

I use tarot in magic too. Very helpful and compact. I find that sometimes all you need are a deck of cards! They are used to represent the outcome that you desire. Or as a replacement for symbols needed in ritual.

A good book would be 'Portable Magic' by Donald Tyson. But it is more geared towards high magic vs. those who are more inclined to wiccan practice. I also have Janina Renee's book Tarot spells. Good book too.