Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Magical Forest - 2 of Wands

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Tarot of the Magical Forest

Citizen

karen0205 
Citizen

Magical Forest - 2 of Wands

from lwb: between good and evil, between saying and doing.

The frog is balanced between thoughts and deeds. He's careful to
think before doing. The 2 wands could represent a new partner of sorts.
Maybe in business, with work. I always associated this card with
a new partner, a cooperation with something or someone to achieve
a goal.
Attached Images

Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Citizen

r0sered1ster 
Citizen

Magical Forest- Two of Wands

He does indeed seem deep in contemplation, this card gives me the impression that further thought needs to be given by me in an endeavor or idea that I'm tossing around. Kind of like an informed descision, nothing made on the spur of the moment but weighing the options and facts too. The frog is holding a opaque globe almost as if he's delving within himself for the right answer about which action to take.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Resident

elinne 
Resident

This is a very interesting two of wands for me. Usually I think of two of wands as a card of personal power/empowerment (it is mars in aries anyhow!). However, here we find a very reflective frog (with a tinge of sadness or regret? or just deep in thought?). The usual globe is instead a pale sphere, and it reminds me of a crystal ball... or could it be a frog egg (his child)?

I try to imagine the story behind this frog. Perhaps he is contemplating whether to send out his ships on a long journey for financial or political gain, but he wants to make sure the risk is appropriate before committing? He appears to be weighing two options available.

Perhaps he's just said goodbye to his ships and is praying for a successful mission? Perhaps he is mulling over problems in the realm and determining the best course of action?

He is on top of the Tower (foreshadowing..); and as we know from the Major Arcana, Towers are not immune to attack or disaster. This is a ruler with great power who hopes to find a creative, powerful, and appropriate way to handle his kingdom and its resources.. but perhaps he is also worrying too much? Or has he realized he went overboard and is regretting past decisions?

I think the way this card should be read is very dependent upon the situation and surrounding cards. I also see a lot of the qabalistic influence of Chockmah here - "consious creation, reflection, and comparison" (Corinne Kenner - "Tarot and Astrology" p 112).
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Resident

cornelius 
Resident

This little fellow is one of a kind ! Standing on the top of the Tower, he's closing his eyes and seems in deep reflection. He's probably already a very successful frog but he has ambitions. His horizon is blocked so he needs to focus inwardly to project himself into the future. Actually I see the globe he's holding as a receptacle of his thoughts, his wishes, his projects. He feels lonely because no one but him can make these decisions. He could probably do with a bit of help but for now, he's on his own.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.