Tarot de Marsella from Argentina

Scarlet27

I had a copy of the first one but traded it with uwe (by the way, I haven't got my part, yet ¬_¬). The cards are gorgeous, the colorful borders & backgrounds gives that TdM a special flavor, which I enjoyed. But since I'm not a fan of TdM -at least for now- I traded mine.

The round one is exactly the same.
But that seller usually sells those decks in the latinamerican eBay -which is called Mercado Libre- and in that website they're much cheaper.
If the 1st deck costs U$S35 -maybe more, maybe less, depends on the auction- in Mercado Libre she charges U$S20. So if you're looking for any of those decks, I recommend taking a look in any of these websites:
http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/esoterismo-tarot-y-astrologia/_DisplayType_G
http://listados.deremate.com.ar/otras-categorias-esoterismo_1156/_uiZ1012734_dtZgallery (this is not the same seller as in eBay, but they have those decks you asked for and they're cheaper)

If you need any help asking them questions in spanish about shipping or something just PM me :)
Hope that helps~

Hugs!

rwcarter

mosaica,

I have both versions of this deck. If any deck will make me a TdM convert, it's one of those! My biggest complaint about TdMs is that they're fugly to my eyes. I love the colors in this Argentinian version. They speak to me and make me want to know more about this deck. Other TdMs that I have in my collection don't really do that. The closest is the Rhodes-Sanchez and even with that one it's more a matter of "whenever I get around to it."

I bought both decks through eBay (on separate occasions no less) so paid the more expensive price and the large shipping charge. I don't regret having bought either deck.

Rodney

Annabelle

I also have both versions of this deck.

I recommend the "regular" format version if you are at all a fan of TdM decks; the colors are beautiful.

I only recommend the round format version if you are a collector and want it for the novelty value; the art was really not improved or altered much in any way for the round format.

Abrac

Here's a link to Scarlet's old thread in the Trading Forum with pictures. These are the only pictures I have seen of this deck other than the ones on eBay. There is a logo on the title card that says "Babaji." From what people have said, the ones on eBay do not have any information at all. They could be from the same maker or they might be copies, it's hard to say.

Click

I just checked the links you posted mosaica and I see those decks are in cardboard boxes. Usually the ones on eBay are in wooden boxes so I assumed that's what you were referring to. That first one looks just like Scarlet27's.

mosaica

Yes, I *just* missed catching scarlet's trading thread. (I didn't realize that was you, scarlet27! :) ) If someone hadn't beaten me to it, I would have jumped on it immediately! Ever since seeing the deck there, I've been wanting it.

So I just bought it on ebay. :D (Better not be a copy....)

Rodney, I'm hankering for the Rhodes Sanchez one, too. Not sure about the round deck.

rwcarter

I have a hankering for round decks, so that's why I bought the round version of this one.

If the deck you bought contained a wooden box and the seller was mystika_bruja (or something like that), then it should be the "original" deck. I've seen another seller on eBay who only sells the cards without the wooden box at a cheaper price. I don't know if those are "originals" or "copies"....

Rodney

mosaica

The seller was mistika_shop and there was no box, but she has sold several with boxes in the past. It said the deck was the last one, so I'm guessing she sold all the ones she had with boxes. It is in original shrink wrap.

Rodney, do you have the Fournier? That one's really pretty, too.

Scarlet27

mosaica said:
Yes, I *just* missed catching scarlet's trading thread. (I didn't realize that was you, scarlet27! :) ) If someone hadn't beaten me to it, I would have jumped on it immediately! Ever since seeing the deck there, I've been wanting it.

So I just bought it on ebay. :D (Better not be a copy....)

Rodney, I'm hankering for the Rhodes Sanchez one, too. Not sure about the round deck.

If I ever come across another one of those, I'll PM you before I put it up for trade =)

(Ps: I still didn't get an answer from the guy in MercadoLibre, I'm sorry! I hope you didn't miss the chance to get the deck from eBay mosaica)

mosaica

Nope, didn't miss it. I bought it! I couldn't let it get away from me again. :)

Thanks for trying, scarlet!