Emperor as Advice

GoddessArtemis

I searched for a previous thread on this but failed to find one. My question is...if you get the Emperor as advice on how to deal with someone you're involved with, what would you make of it?

Stand your ground? Stick to the rules? Take control? Take charge? Be rigid? Be foreceful (like the sign of Aries that he represents?)

GA

Thirteen

GoddessArtemis said:
Stand your ground? Stick to the rules? Take control? Take charge? Be rigid? Be foreceful (like the sign of Aries that he represents?)
These sound about right, with the exception of being "rigid" and sticking to the rules. The Hierophant is the one who keeps pointing at the rules in the rule book.

The Emperor *makes* the rules. Hence, taking charge also means deciding what the rules will be.

starrystarrynight

Also, since the Emperor is the father archetype, he could show up to advise you to emulate that part of the Emperor--be/act mature enough to be one half of the seat of power in the relationship (as the Emperor would be to the Empress) and don't resort to using "feminine wiles."

i.e. If you are dealing with a partner who is also an Emperor, stand up and meet him/her eye to eye.

Inana

I would add to use your determination and use your past experience to resolve the situation.
Also, consider taking the more conservative approach as it will the better one.

GreenMoonBeam

Inana said:
I would add to use your determination and use your past experience to resolve the situation.
Also, consider taking the more conservative approach as it will the better one.

Yes,I would pay attention to past experience and a more conservative approach. The Emperor has more power than a King, more adroit.

SGrossberg

Perhaps the Emperor card is telling you to follow your desires and to make your presence known. At the same time, this card generally cautions against becoming tyrannical when things don't go your way. You could probably add balance to your relationship by being a little more cooperative.

Just some thoughts. Enjoy. - Scott

balenciaga

Be the rock; as you say - take charge. The emperor is the stability in the rela.

Thirteen

SGrossberg said:
At the same time, this card generally cautions against becoming tyrannical when things don't go your way.
Good point. As Starry's "father archetype" point also indicates, take charge, by all means, but do so like a good "dad" and explain why; don't be the sort that bellows and throws a tantrum and insists things be your way "Because I said so!"

GoddessArtemis

Thank you, all. I took your advice (and the Emperor's) to heart and did exactly what was suggested. The outcome was...well, I'm still waiting on the outcome. However, the response to my "Emperor" mode was not an easy one, and it was difficult to be the Emperor..I'm generally the Empress! We'll see how it turns out. Maybe my other question to tarot should've been, "What will be the outcome if I act like the Emperor?" Oh well, too late for that now.

GA

balenciaga

Don't worry; the advice you were originally given when you asked was "emperor", and that advice you followed. So you did the best thing for the present circumstances.