Is there any such thing as "bad stone combinations" ?

samantha

Just a quick question here. Are there any stone combinations which somehow cancel out or weaken the effectiveness of the others. I have moonstone , amathyste, and blue john on my bed side table , but I get this feeling that they do not gel together somehow ? Any thoughts ? Any books / sites that deal with this ?

rostie

*best don't combine a precious stone with a semi-precious stone because the energy of a precious one is to big/strong and the other ones aren't effective anymore...the precious overwhelmes the aura of the semi-precious, precious ones are for example ruby, sapphire, smaragd...

*the other thing i know is that you have to look at the color-combinations...some stones have a totally different energy than another and could work against eachother...colors that don't fit together work mostly not good together...that's a basic rule...but i myself don't know much about this...

*clear cristal/rock cristal: this stone is good with all stones, it can't be bad, it strengtens the power of the other stone...

i would say just look up the meanings/qualities from the specific stones and compare them...are there qualities who work together, are the same or are there some opposites??? if there are opposites...then maybe one of the stones don't fit with the others or maybe, only one is the best for the purpose...

amethist is definatly good next to your bed but i don't know about the other two...

! a good tool to use is a pendulum to know what is good for you...what fits together and not but i never tried...but with a pendulum you can even search wich color from a certain stone is the best for you for example smoky quartz: you have diffenrent colors in it: you have light and dark ones...with a pendulum you can pick the color who best suits you...

btw: what is a blue john *shame on me*???

a site i use sometimes is this one...
http://www.mahatma.co.uk/crystal_manual/crystals/
http://www.mahatma.co.uk/crystal_manual/contents.htm
http://www.rainbowcrystal.com/crystal/stonecat.html

i hope i have helped you a bit, hum...i don't know af any sites who go about combining...have you looked it up with google?

with much of love,

sara

samantha

Thanks Rostie! Perhaps it is the precious / semi-precious combination which makes me uneasy ! You asked about Blue John , I'm ashamed to say that I didn't know so much about it , other than that it is native to the north of England, so had to look it up on the net. I was surprised to learn how rare it is ! My piece was a present from a friend who actually found it whilst caving(Well , thats his story !!) I am wondering whether any one has assigned a "purpose" to this stone , given its apparent rarity ? Tho' maybe it would get classified with its family group ?(It belongs to the Fluorites)

Yahoo and google haven't given me very good leads about stone combinations , so I'm still hoping that someone out there......

Genna

A Swedish book says you can combine clear(rock) quartz,rose quartz,amethysts,and agate.(You can have them around in your home,in the open).Other stones should be kept in wooden boxes,not laying about mixing energies,if you don´t use them for something.The author has her stones in an old wooden chest for sewing materials.
You shouldn´t mix stones on your body(except for with the above mentioned,but they have to be cleansed often if you wear them).
This is the only book where I have seen anything about it being bad mixing different stones.

coldsuns

So long of looking about witchcrafts, i never actually know much of magic stones. Can someone tell me more about it? Is the stones for wearing or making spells? What are the stones used for? How many kind are there?

Amythist

I use gemstones all the time i have over 500 cysrats and 3 crystals balls (mystic meg lol) I cleanse them when i use them and i put them all together when they are not used because they look so pretty look up gemstone therapy on the internet. or get a book called gemstone and minerals guide. that is your a to z guide on crystals. i keep all my crystals in wooden boxes together but i clease and concentrate them before every use.

i hope this helps

HudsonGray

I don't know much about gems/crystals use but asked someone who has worked with them. Here's what she said:

"Moonstone is actually wonderful to put by your bed as in encourages better sleeping, dreams (including prophetic), stimulates the subconcious & intuition. Sounds like it would make a wonderful combo with Amethyst, however I'm not so sure about this 'Blue John' one. I think she should hold the stone and meditate upon the qualities she senses or receives from the stone itself. Because there isn't much info available about it she may have to rely on her own intuition, but it the mean time I would separate it from the Moonstone & amethyst."

Is this of use? The person writes up her stone use in her BOS so has more experience with them than I do, but if you want to use your intuition instead, go ahead.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I refuse to think of them as chin hairs. I think of them as stray eyebrows.

samantha

Thanks for asking your friend about this HudsonGray !

I'll have a go at what she suggests , though I must admit that
I find the Blue John hard to tune into. Either its energies are more subtle than the other two (?) or its not a stone that I need...if you see what I mean ! I just love it for the colour !

jlbvt

What about amber?

I have been wearing an amber bracelet the last few weeks, and I have been leaving it on all the time because I like the vibe I get from it. I occaisionally wear other stone jewelry, like a turquoise necklace. I also have two diamond rings that I don't take off. Does amber clash with anything?

coldsuns

I put my Rose Quartz, Aventurine, Golden Calcite and Tiger Eye together on my study table. Is this a good,bad or neutral combination?