Faerie Tarot: Three of Swords

Hemera

It´s cold and it´s winter and the basket this faerie carries is very heavy. The Faerie looks sad and thoughtful. The swords block her way but they also protect her from the outside world.
I wonder if the swords are warm because snow has melted from around them?
The faerie is dressed beautifully in pink and red and her dress looks like the dress of a princess. She could be "Cinderella faerie", forced to collect wood by her evil stepmother? Or she could be Little Red Riding Hood on her way to Grandma´s? The faerie is also warmly dressed and wears a woollen cape on her shoulders so she is not sad because it is cold.I think she rather likes winter..

There are many birch trees on this card. The birch is a sacred tree in the North and it is the tree of the Goddess. Birch is commonly used as decoration around Midsummer.
The birch is the best tree to burn in the sauna or in the fireplace or woodstove, because the wood is very dense and it gives much heat. One birch log will give you the same amount of heat as several logs from other trees. Moreover, the fire burns evenly, unlike with the pine or the spruce.
So this faerie is knowledgeable and has made a good choice in gathering birch logs.

I like the way this three of Swords differs from the traditional broken heart-thing and gives the possibility to many kinds of interpretations. But what is it that makes this faerie sad? Maybe tha barrier of the swords that protects her is also too restricting her?