Faerie Tarot: Strength

Hemera

This is such a cute card with the faerie asleep and the lion cub sleeping under her and serving as her pillow. To be honest, I thought this was a leopard at first and only after reading the LWB did I remember that lion cubs are indeed spotted,too. I actually still like to think of this animal as a leopard..
The borders of this card show a handsome male lion and the tropical sun is shining warmly on top of the card.

I think these two trust each other completely. They are both still probably listening to the surrounding world, like always when wild animals are sleeping. The lion cub looks like it is ready to open its eyes any second and the faerie wings are also not at rest.

I have got this card two times in a reading where it has indicated that someone is strong but her strength is still a bit immature or "hibernating". I think it is an interesting new possibility in this card. The lion is still a cub and both the young faerie and the lion are sleeping. There is plenty of potential for strenght to manifest but all of it may not still be available.

Alan Ross

It's nappy time with the cute kitty! This is not the usual big, fearsome beast tamed by the gentle maiden. This fairy maiden has tamed the beast while it's still a not very fearsome cub. Not a bad idea. Our passions are certainly easier to tame while they are newly born and small, before they rampage out of control. Her hand on the cub shows that she is in control, even as they sleep together.

Alan

Hemera

Alan Ross said:
This fairy maiden has tamed the beast while it's still a not very fearsome cub.

Oh, this is a very nice thought. I´ll add this to my Tarot journal! This is so true, and another new aspect to this Strength card. Something one doesn´t think of with the usual Strength cards..