Touchstone Tarot. The Happy Squirrel

stargazer

To start, I would like to include a quote from the creator of the Touchstone tarot Kat Black or Retrokat as she is know here at AT, on the meaning of the Happy Squirrel.

"Lighten up. Do not take yourself, or anything, too seriously. There are no simple answers, life is very complicated and the most important thing is to take joy in the Journey."

This card tells me that the future is never written in stone. Life is short; enjoy all the possibilities that it has to offer.

I love how the squirrel goes about his business, totally unconcerned with the presence or concerns of the people in the scene.

What advice is the fortuneteller giving the gentleman?
What secrets are being revealed?
What confidences are being shared?

Attachments

• touchstonehappysquirrelbranded.jpg
    touchstonehappysquirrelbranded.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 442

Feretian

I cannot believe there is actually a Happy Squirrel card.

I thought you all knew an "in" joke.

Now I have to go look at some other totally unlikely card names and see if they were real, too.

happyphantom

stargazer said:
"Lighten up. Do not take yourself, or anything, too seriously. There are no simple answers, life is very complicated and the most important thing is to take joy in the Journey."

I experienced a perfect example of this today. I was doing my card-of-the-day, and I got the Wheel of Fortune, reversed. I drew an explanation card and the Happy Squirrel appeared. Just when I was taking my cards too seriously and stressing out over the reversed Wheel, the Squirrel told me to lighten up. :)

It's brought an interesting something extra to my readings. I think this is a great reminder of the importance of laughter, and that nothing is inevitable.

I always focus, not on the squirrel, but on the fortune teller and gentleman. They both seem to be smiling slightly, and making eye contact as if they are in on some secret scheme.

morticia monroe

I have another deck which features a Happy Squirrel card and completely identify with the premise of the card to be "lighten up, don't take things too seriously."

But THIS particular Happy Squirrel shows me something different. If I imagine myself a fly on the wall, this is what I see and hear,,,,,

I see a young man who has come to be read, wishing to know his future. Is he living his life as fully as he should? His reader sees in his palm and in her sphere that this young man has been very dilligent in his life,,,,he has always had a good work ethic and a good attitude, taking his work seriously and still managing to have fun and "scamper" a little.

The reader looks at the young man with admiration and informs him that, like the squirrel, his efforts to "gather nuts" and put something away for a future time, coupled with his ability to delight in his daily routines will pay off handsomely. He is well on his way to living a very boutiful and blessed life. The young man cannot help but to feel a little proud of himself and although it shows, so does his mutual attraction for his reader.

happyphantom

morticia monroe said:
The reader looks at the young man with admiration and informs him that, like the squirrel, his efforts to "gather nuts" and put something away for a future time, coupled with his ability to delight in his daily routines will pay off handsomely. He is well on his way to living a very boutiful and blessed life. The young man cannot help but to feel a little proud of himself and although it shows, so does his mutual attraction for his reader.

I really like your interpretation! I sense the attraction that you speak of.

Templar Girl

All though I have not yet drawn the Happy Squirrel in a spread. For some obtuse reason I get the vibe of the Wyrd Rune that some Runecaster's use, a case of who knows?..........,who can say?............(for the Brits, ala Bubble, in AbFab) lets just see what the universe brings, hold on, it may be a bumpy ride!!!!!
Maybe I am picking up on the Happy Squirrels, shadow side.
Hmmm
The young lady is playing round and round the garden like a teddy bear, on her paramour's palm whilst a squirrel is blatently scrying a crystal ball in front of them, and they do not consider that Wyrd.
*TG goes for a lay down and a review of her meds*

Umbrae

Side note addendum here.

I've used the IIT for ages. The H**** S******* has only come up in spreads twice.

Both times - it served as a huge warning for the sitter.

I'm a firm believer that when this card shows up - take heed.

This version is particularly scary, the Evil Rodent (that shall not be named) stands in front of a crystal ball doing 'magic' hand signals. No good shall ever come of it. Take things too seriously indeed. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

I now return your study group to those deserving enough to partake. Please excuse the interruption.

Templar Girl

Umbrae said:
Side note addendum here.

I've used the IIT for ages. The H**** S******* has only come up in spreads twice.

This version is particularly scary, the Evil Rodent (that shall not be named) stands in front of a crystal ball doing 'magic' hand signals. No good shall ever come of it. Take things too seriously indeed. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

I now return your study group to those deserving enough to partake. Please excuse the interruption.

So Umbrae, do you equate "The S******L" who shall not be named with Lord Voldemort?
Heavy!!!!

Umbrae

Templar Girl said:
So Umbrae, do you equate "The S******L" who shall not be named with Lord Voldemort?
Heavy!!!!

Even Voldemort serves a higher power...

morticia monroe

Umbrae said:
Side note addendum here.

Suddenly I don't feel deserving enough to partake,,,, I can't see any of that, nor can I sense it. :(

ETA: Upon closer inspection, maybe the reader DOES have a "You'll be in the ground by this time tomorrow, you poor unwitting fool" look on her face.

Sometimes I really get confused when I see one thing and then someone whom I know is so entirely out of my league (tarot-wise, that is) sees something entirely different.....It's disheartening. Wonder what Umbrae would charge to move to Louisiana for a few years and be my tutor?