Medieval Scapini - 8 of cups

BrightEye

The 8 of Cups has been following me around for the last two days. It shows a knight and a woman embracing and various scenes depicted on the cups: a youth confessing to a friar, a puppet theatre showing Pulcinella, a procession in which young girls strew the streets with flower petals, an eagle clutching a frog, a veiled figure, a woman frightened by a spider (sounds like me), a remorseful prisoner, and a possessed person casting out a demon.

What's with the scenes on the cups? And how would you read this card?

Here's a scan: http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/...eval_Scapini#58 8 of cups

Lady Iron Side

8 of Cups means

Man and Woman - embracing.

Tenderness, chances that a dream of love may come true.

Puppet theater -

Submissive, attachment (strings of the puppets) ask yourself are you the puppet or the puppeteer.

Veiled woman -

Things that are hidden, so what is it you are hiding, or is someone else hiding something from you?

Woman frightened by a spider -

fear that love will not come true, disappointment.

Spider - Illusion, fate, conceals, reality, seer, initiation.

Spiderweb - thread - means and support of spiritual self-realization.

Remorseful prisioner -

The decline of a matter ie: relationship, friendship, family, work, etc.
Efforts discontinued ie: you/person, have stopped efforts in relationship, work, etc.

Possessed person casting out a demon -

Abandonment of previous plans
Abandoned success

Ask yourself what is it that you have casted out, abandoned, that nolonger works for you?

Youth confessing -

Apology
Contentment
Atonement
Debt repaid

Procession Cup, which young girls strew the streets with flower petals

Joy
family gatherings
Satisfaction
Festivities
Fullsuccess is attained
preparation
Efforts continued to success

Eagle clutching a frog - (frog - water element - cups)
Eagle=
understanding
completion of tests to achieve personal power
healing
ceremonies

Frog=
attached to the material concerns
resurrection
attracts good fortune

Ask yourself are you the eagle clutching (attached) to something? are you heal from ......? Have you captured/or have your hands on some good fortune.

or maybe you need to let go of something that your attached too, in order to understand and heal from which will bring about something new in you or for you.

What's with the scenes on the cups? And how would you read this card?

The scenes on the cups are actually SYMBOLS which tells you what it means. Some scenes tell you the reversed meaning of the card. You only read what cup has the scene that most attracted your eyes attention.

Therefore the cup which has the scene of the woman frightened by a spider is what you were at the time suppose to read, not the other cup scenes. Here I quote you.

a woman frightened by a spider (sounds like me)

So you can then ask your self what is it you are frightened / or disappointed of?
committment/relationship
work/job
person
a trip/vacation/travelling
family gathering/meeting your partners family for the first time

I hope this will help you.

Debra

Lady Iron Side said:
The scenes on the cups are actually SYMBOLS which tells you what it means. Some scenes tell you the reversed meaning of the card. You only read what cup has the scene that most attracted your eyes attention.

This is an interesting approach. It makes sense.

I would read the card differently, myself. I see it as: Whatever has been in your heart is still there (all those cups), but be open to a new and overwhelming emotional experience (swept away).

Here's a picture of the card.

Attachments

• 57-Minor-Cups-08.jpg
    57-Minor-Cups-08.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 133

sapienza

When I look at this card all I see is 'drama'. An outpouring of emotional expression, kind of like the dramatic climax of an emotional event. Not sure if that makes sense. For some reason the blonde girl (which is what the 8 of Cups originally meant according to Etteilla) makes me wonder if the participant in the drama is unaware of anything other than the current moment. Like the moment has carried them away, and all else falls away.

Rosanne

Like all the possibilities....for me it is the concept that in an instant you can be distracted by emotion; you allow this distraction to happen (passively accept).
This may not be a bad thing- it may be the balance that you need. Something like "come out to play- take a break-there is more to life than all those other cups and they will be there when you get back"

I like this card for when I am obsessed with one area of life and I do not let go.
Hey get a life Rosanne! Widen your horizon!

~Rosanne

sapienza

Rosanne said:
I like this card for when I am obsessed with one area of life and I do not let go.
Hey get a life Rosanne! Widen your horizon!
I love this!