Touchstone Tarot~The Queen Of Wands

stargazer

I thought I would start us off with another card (I am feeling bold today lol!)

The Queen of Wands is the card I most associate myself with, being an Aries woman and a fire sign.

In the Touchstone, this Queen is very young and lovely.
I think I can remember Kat saying that she had use the body of Queen Elizabeth the 1st and the face of Queen Elizabeth the 2nd for this card. (Please correct me if I am mistaken)

I love the feeling of warmth in this card. The view from the window is lovely. I can see a winding path that goes off into the distance. I wonder where it leads?

Is the Queen blushing, or are her cheeks flushed with temper? The cat seems happy enough, but is she holding it a little too tight to stop it from jumping off her knee?
Also, there is something about the chair/throne that she’s sitting on that reminds me of the pillars on either side of the High Priestess.

What do you think?

BodhiSeed

Thanks Stargazer!
This woman just oozes with PASSION! She has this sensual mysteriousness that is so attractive, she turns heads when she walks by. She's not flamboyant but others find it hard to resist her. The tiger/lion heads behind her hint of the power she has over others; not in a forceful sort of way, but because of her charm. The black cat reflects her sense of mystery and sensuality too. If she had any advice for me, it would be "Be passionate about your life! Do everything with energy and enthusiasm!" The window hints that she has some plans for the future; I'm sure she won't have any problem finding some accomplices to help her. :D

stargazer

Bodhran I love what you’ve said about this card.
I especially like the thought of the path that can be seen from her window being her future.
Now that has really given me something to think about! :D

BodhiSeed

Thank you Stargazer. This is a card I've been pulling often in my daily draws, so I've had a lot of time to think about her! :D

tarotlyn

Well...there has to be one of us in every crowd!:D:laugh:

BUT... I don't think she is blushing as it looks like makeup blush (and red lipstick)
Being a Leo, she likes attention or at the very least "to be noticed." Nothing
wrong with that...she is just so special...really! charming? Yes I agree.

She does attract attention with all her ornate jewerly (the rings...3 on one
hand!) Her dress has ornate pearls as well as her headdress (crown?) which
is very decorated with pearls as well...giving her a "royal" and "regal" look.
(which she loves)

To me, she has that... "I am in charge here!" look. She likes being "the boss."
And she is very productive as the boss (budding leaves on her staff)
Many leaves could mean that she is very capable of running more than one
business, event, task, or even a family at the same time. She is very capable
and dependable and abounds with energy (the wand and the red dress)

The cat is very content looking because this "QUEEN" is a very loving queen
and is good to her animals and loves her cats as indicated by owning a chair
with what looks like "hand carved" lions on the back, on the top on each side.

Fancy smanchy...everything is ornate & royal...her dress, her crown, her
chair...even the ledges around the inside of the window. (hand carved
figures)...shows royalty also.

Red dress for passion (true)...black stones in her rings for authority and
grounding. Pearls for femininity. (I think her eyes are on the edge of "flirty!")

Out the window...and down the path could be...her kingdom! Surely she has one!

Reversed:
Don't ever cross her or you just might find out that she is very dominate and
demanding...especially for getting ALL of the attention...could be on a
big ego trip!

minrice

I think she is so beautiful, the most beautiful woman in the deck for me, and so "warm" feeling. She is smiling with her eyes! I think she is a flirt, both with men and women but not neccessarily in a sexual way. She's just very warm and dynamic.
She reminds me of a girl I used to work with, she was so warm and exhuberant, everything about her was so interesting from her clothes to her way of speaking, to her mannerisms. She was just one of those warm, beautiful, dynamic personalities. Everyone wanted to be around her, everyone wanted to be her, because her joy of life was just so out there! Not calculated, not fake, not forced, it was just so natural and inspiring.

minrice

oh, ps. I only saw her get angry once, and boy...watch out! Lol.

Quester

She seems to be listening to something or someone and has her own opinion..a very confidant queen!

BodhiSeed

tarotlyn said:
To me, she has that... "I am in charge here!" look. She likes being "the boss." And she is very productive as the boss (budding leaves on her staff). Many leaves could mean that she is very capable of running more than one business, event, task, or even a family at the same time. She is very capable and dependable and abounds with energy (the wand and the red dress).
Totally agree with you here, Tarotlyn! She probably created the term "multitasking."

BodhiSeed

minrice said:
oh, ps. I only saw her get angry once, and boy...watch out! Lol.
And I bet the woman on this card would be the same! :D