Touchstone ~ The Three of Coins

tarotlyn

Guess it is about my turn to post a new Touchstone card:

I choose "The Three of Coins" because I was just over in the
"What are you making" thread today...and it reminded me of this card.

Here we see an artist holding a paint brush and he is in the middle of one of
his great masterpieces... he turns towards us and he says:

"Yes, can I help you? Are you looking to buy one of my paintings? I have to
warn you now, it will be expensive because I am a MASTER at what I do.
You will have to wait in line as I have this gentleman ahead of you but I will
be right with you as soon as I can. Why don't you have a look around."

and...what do all of you think?
:):heart:

BodhiSeed

Thank you Tarotlyn for the new card! :heart:
The Master definitely looks serious about his art; of course it was this intense focus that helped develop his skill and expertise. The young man behind him seems very interested in what the artist is doing. I had the thought that maybe he is the artist's assistant, and in return the Master teaches him. Perhaps that is the young man's own sketch in front of him...
Or then again, maybe he is watching the artist's progress on a work that he's already paid for! :D

morticia monroe

A work in progress.

At first I thought that the young man on the left could be the artist's apprentice. But upon closer inspection I don't really think so. His attire and jewelry make me feel as though he is a man of at least a small bit of means, certainly more than the average apprentice(possibly another wedding ring, but I don't think so,,this man's ring looks to be set with a medium sized stone of some sort). So I'm feeling that he has commissioned this painting, and is dropping by to see how things are coming along.

The artist looks as if he is being spoken to, so maybe this young man brought someone else with him,,, a potential customer?

Promise

The artist is a master of his craft, and for this reason his work is admired by all who see it. He gains much from his talent; notoriety, admiration, fame, respect, and of course money. He uses his natural talent to his advantage and makes a living for himself by doing what he enjoys. As his work and name become more widely recognized, his art becomes more expensive and more sought-after. I see a chain reaction going on here.

I also get a sense of "you get what you pay for" from this card. If you're looking for mediocrity and something that will simply "do", you can get it cheaply, but if you're looking for beauty and quality, it will cost you.

tarotlyn

I just want to add a couple of things:

I see the 3 of coins as the "job" card... you ARE working...you DO have a job.
(you are not out of work)...and you get paid WELL, because you are so good
at your job skills.

You are good at what you do. Sucess comes to you because you know you have good talents and skills.
:):heart:

morticia monroe

Promise said:
The artist is a master of his craft, and for this reason his work is admired by all who see it. He gains much from his talent; notoriety, admiration, fame, respect, and of course money. He uses his natural talent to his advantage and makes a living for himself by doing what he enjoys. As his work and name become more widely recognized, his art becomes more expensive and more sought-after. I see a chain reaction going on here.

I also get a sense of "you get what you pay for" from this card. If you're looking for mediocrity and something that will simply "do", you can get it cheaply, but if you're looking for beauty and quality, it will cost you.

*nodding in agreement*. I see what you're saying,,,I like that interpretation.

stargazer

I love what you have all said about this card.

To me, it says take pride in something you are creating or working on.

The man doing the painting looks to be the master of his craft and the man watching could be his apprentice, as he seems to be working on his own sketch. He is paying close attention to what the master is doing.
The card seems to have a watch and learn kind of feel to it.

I love the vibrant green in the coins cards.

BodhiSeed

Promise said:
He uses his natural talent to his advantage and makes a living for himself by doing what he enjoys.
Yes, I see this too Promise. He's not only good at what he does, he loves doing it, and finds it fulfilling.

Mortica, thanks for pointing out the way the young man is dressed. His clothes and jewelry do seem a bit much for an ordinary assistant.

Templar Girl

I wonder if the art work is of his own choosing. Is this a commission where he is required to fill a brief or does he have unfettered freedom to indulge his creativity.
He certainly appears to have the skill and confidence, mirrored by his visitor/patron.

minrice

I too think the younger man is his patron, the one who commissioned the piece.
I think the artist paints what he is commissioned to paint, but he is the best and the one everyone goes to so he also has the luxury of doing what he wants and making the painting his own. I wonder if the painting is a gift for the Church? Or maybe the other man wants to put something religious up in his home for all to see?