The Touchstone Tarot~Ace of Cups

stargazer

The Ace of Cups to me, means joy, contentment and new beginnings.

A cup of love.

The Angel in this card is lovely and also a cheeky little thing, showing us her leg!

I love how her wings match that of the dove coming out of the cup.
It has the wow factor, with the starburst/heavenly light shining on it.

A burst of love and light.

It reminds me of this song..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r95TLb0O74c

Just the card I needed tonight :)

tarotlyn

An angel, in tarot symbology, represents a "messenger."
She (looks like a 'she" right?) brings a message and offer of NEW "emotional love"

This can also be "spiritual" love (the dove). Could bring also mean a new
partnership in business, or even just a new friend into your life.

:):heart:

Promise

When I look at this card, my eyes are instantly drawn towards the top right corner, where the darkness has broken and a light shines from above, illuminating what it touches, reflecting across what looks like water beneath the angel pictured. To me, this card brings a message of hope, a reassurance that good things are coming your way. Our angel looks not at the darkness below but is focused on the dove and on the radiance it brings, looking toward better things to come.

To me, this card could be many things; a new romantic relationship or simply a rekindling in an existing relationship, a new friend, a new business partnership, a new spiritual outlook, or just a happier attitude in general. There's something very pure and very comforting to me about this card. It almost seems like the angel is whispering words of reassurance and comfort.

tarotlyn

Promise said:
...brings a message of hope, a reassurance that good things are coming your way...
...excellent...love that!

BodhiSeed

Love reading all of your thoughts about this card everyone!
My focus seems to be drawn almost entirely to the dove in this card. For me the dove represents peace, goodwill, and devotion.

Templar Girl

I like the way that the angel's blue and white gown falls with ripples and undulations like water/emotions, instead of water overflowing from the cup. Seems like a content, sensual and volumptious angel incapable of half-measures.

morticia monroe

I have to admit that I have some of my greatest struggles with the aces in ANY deck,,, I know what they're supposed to mean, but have a hard time pulling it up within myself, feeling that inspiration,,,

As usual, I'm drawing a bit of a blank,,,but very much enjoying and learning from y'alls interpretations.

tarotlyn

morticia...do you have any idea of what the block might be?

Did you play with regular playing cards, or other card games, other than tarot,
in which the aces were considered the "high" card?

Maybe the problem is with relating a really "high" to a low "1" now.

And a "high" ace would be the "all in all"... whereas a "1" (ace in tarot) would
only indicate "a beginning" in something.

just some thoughts... it would help if you could find out what the veil is.

ETA: otherwise, you may be operating only in your mental beta state which
is very analytical. That means that if you could relax (a lot) you could slip
into your alpha state (a lower brain wave frequency) which allows you to tap
into your subconscious mind for the meanings. hmmmm...candles...incense?
...more quiet surroundings...etc...?

morticia monroe

tarotlyn said:
morticia...do you have any idea of what the block might be?

Did you play with regular playing cards, or other card games, other than tarot,
in which the aces were considered the "high" card?

Maybe the problem is with relating a really "high" to a low "1" now.

And a "high" ace would be the "all in all"... whereas a "1" (ace in tarot) would
only indicate "a beginning" in something.

just some thoughts... it would help if you could find out what the veil is.

ETA: otherwise, you may be operating only in your mental beta state which
is very analytical. That means that if you could relax (a lot) you could slip
into your alpha state (a lower brain wave frequency) which allows you to tap
into your subconscious mind for the meanings. hmmmm...candles...incense?
...more quiet surroundings...etc...?

Lots of food for thought, LYN, and I think you're right. Some deep meditation would do me good. I don't think I've EVER relaxed. Sometimes readings come very hard for me, because I am quite high strung. Learning to relax and tune out (or in) is a challenge.

minrice

morticia monroe said:
Sometimes readings come very hard for me, because I am quite high strung. Learning to relax and tune out (or in) is a challenge.

Lol, I totally understand!

The angel is so pretty with her luscious wings! I think she shares them with the dove. I tend to treat the Aces as sudden flashes of whatever it is they represent. Cups love, Wands inspiration, etc. To me they are powerful cards in their imagery, can you image how awestruck and intimidated you'd be with a huge hand with a sword was before you in the sky? I try to imagine them as though I were outside and they are right before me and I am experiencing them for the first time.
The same with these angel aces, although for me they are more gentle in the sense they aren't intimidating cards. They are beautiful and inspirational.