Rekindle Intamacy/Romance Spread

LadyKathryn

Ok since love and romance and intamacy is all intertwined for me i created a spread in the shape of a heart :) awww sounds like fluff doesn't it. But it just seemed like the right shape.

P.S This is the first time I have EVER created my own spread

so here is what it looks like

3 2
5 4
7 6

1= What is causing my partner to loose desire/interest in general ?

2= what is causing my partner to loose desire/interest for me?

3= What is causing me to loose desire/interest in general?

4= What is causing me to loose desire/interest for my partner?

5= What stands in the way of us being intimate?

6= What should I do to help restore intiamcy/desire?

7= Advice- What should WE do to help restore intimacy and deisre?

8= Final Out come * if we follow said advice or if inverted if we DON'T follow said advice* (ps i NEVER do inversions...but i felt it was the right thing to do)

So my reading.. based on my relationship that is on a break...thus we're sort of over, but i'm hoping that given time we'll start a new realtionship together.

1= 4 of Wands *it was inverted*
2= 4 of Penticals
3= 3 of Penticals
4= Ace of Penticals
5= Page of Wands
6= 6 of Wands
7= 9 of Cups
8= Ace of Swords

ok so here is my take

1= 4 of wands..inverted.= Perhaps hope felt too responcible for us as a family, and or based on her background felt that a normal family relationship was too confining to restrictive, and felt that I as her partner was too restrictive and put too much of the responciblity for decisions on her.
Also the posible fear that a happy family, a happy relationship that lasts, and that maybe she really is in love is all an illusion *based on the dragonfly*

2= 4 of Penticals = Not using my resouces for fun stuff enough. I was always the one to say...we can't afford this.. or i don't have the money to go out tonight... i was always in fear for my finances..and i think she felt that i wasn't free enough.. not spontanious enough... i always felt that i couldn't take time off from work to go here. or there. So she felt like the fun left.

3= 3 of Penticals = I lost my wonder with the world, lost my magical connection to the universe and that made me sad and lonely inside.

4= Ace of Penticals = I HAVE NO IDEA?! Inside i don't think i have lost desire for her...

5= Page of Wands = I am not independant enough, and she wants more freedom! she wants me to do things on my own..and not constantly with her. Laundry, dinner, seeing friends, but she feels badly leaving me at home alone.
Also perhaps i'm not dominant enough sexually.. .perhaps she needs to feel more passion for me. since her own has been lagging. That i need to be more adventurous , sexually and otherwise. More willing to take charge.

6= 6 of Wands = ??? no idea. I wrote down Make wise and balanced decisions?

7= 9 of Cups = We need to restore the FUN!!! Give ourselves time to remember all the good times, I should also be more fun in general.. Not be so selfish with my good moods... Again i need to branch out more oftenwithout her.. and let her do the same. She misses having fun times with her friends and letting loose and not having to think about if i'm having fun..or if i'm tired..or whatever..

8= Ace of Swords= I have NO CLUE!

so if you have any questions or feedback i'd be very greatful.

Overall i think it's a postive reading.. and helps you figure out where you've gone wrong.

rwcarter

LK,

Why did you lay the cards out in the pattern that you did?

3 2
5 4
7 6

If you were trying to go for a sense of cross purposes, I think

3 2
1 4

gets that idea across better.

And to add an extra little oomph to it with position 5, you could do this:

That way you have the Querent on one side, the partner on the other and what stands in the way smack dab in between them.

This spread is great if both people have "lost that loving feeling," but I don't think it works if only one person has.

Position 7 is slightly redundant to position 6. You have what the Querent can do (position 6) and then what the Querent and partner can do (position 7). It might work better if you have a position for what each person can do. So position 6 would be what the partner can do and position 7 would be what the Querent can do.

And for some reason I just want to make a candle (candlelight being romantic and all) out of your layout, so how does this look to you? (It's your spread and if you don't like it, that's fine.)

Rodney

LadyKathryn

rekindle romance

Well honestly i have no idea what laying down the cards in a specific place has to do with anything. I've never really followed a particular pattern...just flopped them over in order lol

the heart was just sentimental. lol

Do what ever suits you best :)

or explain the importance of placing cards in a specific place... :) i'd appreciate that.

thanks

Cat*

First of all, congrats on making your first own spread!

I'm not Rodney ;) but thought I'd still offer my opinion since I'm a bit obsessive about spread positions myself. :D

It helps me a lot when the meanings of the positions are laid out in a way that makes me see that they "belong together" somehow (like, for example, they're next to each other or opposite of each other).

Some examples: In all sorts of relationship spreads, I like having one side for one person and the other one for the other person, like Rodney suggested, because it helps me see which cards belong to whom. Also, if I have the same question for me and for the other person, I can see how these cards go together, too, because they're hopefully lying next to each other. I also like having developments from left to right (reading direction), or from bottom to top (like a plant) in spreads that focus on a change of some sort. I also like having a shape that's related to the theme of the reading, like you did with the heart. And finally I like spreads that are laid-out in a way that keeps the cards close together, so I can still see everything at one glance (the larger picture). You won't see me laying out a row of ten cards, for example.

My obsession developed after using some spreads that I found here on AT just like they were. Sometimes, when I had already pulled the cards, I found that I actually didn't understand the difference between two positions or that I had to keep looking at my notes all the time to remember if the card in the upper left corner was for me or for the other person. That made my readings quite stumbly - which bothered me, even if they were only for myself.

So I started taking a very close look at spreads before I used them. Do all positions make sense to me? Does the layout seem "intuitively readable" to me (as in do I automatically think of a development or of two parties when I look at the spread)? With that came my habit of tweaking the layouts of spreads by other people until they suited my "logic". What makes sense can of course be very individual (some people prefer laying out their cards in a circle while other prefers linear spreads, for example), so this is just my personal view.

I hope this answers the question why spread positions are important to some of us. :)

rwcarter

Ahh,

That was supposed to be a heart! AT removes lots of spaces, so in order to get something like a heart, you need to use something else (period, lowercase x, etc.) as a spacer. Here's a heart using your positions:

Cat gave some good reasons about the importance some people (me included) put in the layout of the cards. I wouldn't say I was obsessive about it, but if the layout doesn't make sense to me, I will change it.

Rodney

LadyKathryn

Thanks Cat

Thank you Cat... that does make a lot of sence. I'll have to revisit my spread. I did get a bit lost as to what card was where. I'm just used to flopping over 3 cards.. then starting the next row of 3 cards.

I'll have to look at the closer meanings of placements. But from Both of you it was very helpful :)

thanks
Beth