Nouveau Nouveau!

blue_fusion

Tarot Bagong Sining (nouveau nouveau!)

some finished samples: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/necromancer151/preview2.jpg (just scroll the mouse over the image for the zoom icon to appear)

One male, one female (and why not?). Though really more of an art experiment than a divinatory deck...

ETA:

This is the reservation list for people interested in the deck. I figured I'd post it in the first message of the thread and just update it every now and then, so it's easier to check. This is for a limited edition run of this deck - limited to only 45 copies. I don't have plans of reprinting this since that would be unfair to those who bought it.*

Again, a reminder: The deck 's target price is more or less $80 - I'm hoping this would cover the shipping as well, but I'm still asking around. I'm saying this now so the list here would be realistic (people really listed really will buy the deck once it's out of the printers). I appreciate those trying to cheer me on by saying "they'd buy the deck in a heartbeat" or something like that, but it gets really disheartening when you build up your expectations on who'll be getting the deck only to find out they weren't serious with what they "pledged." So please - again thank you for trying to cheer me on - but if you aren't serious in getting the deck, tell me so I can remove you from the list.

Here's the list so far:

1. Gregory
2. Aerin
3. and 4. Jann
5. Truelight
6. Rwcarter
7. Manda
8. Chronata
9. Conversus
10. Karenquilter
11. Quarkling
12. Ahclem/Papoon
13. Alta
14. Netzach
15. Conversus
16. Sientara
17. Divinemsm
18. Jenna
19. Iceclone
20. Faerieluca
21. Adam McLean
22. Skad1
23. greycats
24. midniteeye
25. 3 of Cups
26. tarot heart
27. tarotmama
28. la-luna
29. Kimberlee

* There might however be an "expansion set" - not minors but "zodiac cards." But that will still be far away in the future, and in any case, they won't include the cards in this tarot set.

Moonboy

Those are BEAUTIFUL. Like a modern Alphonse Mucha! I love them! Keep experimenting!

Chronata

Damn...
I am in love with your art experiments!

mysticmonkey

Interesting mix of the Nouveau and manga styles. I think the Empress, female version works particularly well.
I'm not so keen on where you have lightened the images in the male Emperor and female death. I keep thinking it's a reflection off my monitor but it's not. Doesn't seem to work compared with the boldness of the other images. Maybe if the linework hadn't of been lightened I wouldn't have noticed.
The Emperor in particular is a beautful card though. :)

$0.02

Cenz

I love the death and temperance!

The 78th Fool

These are extraordinary, let alone beautiful. I would never have thought a fusion of Art Nouveau and Manga could work so harmoniously. I'll really look forward to seeing more.

Chris. xx

Egypt Urnash

Those are pretty nice! And the male/female idea is a pretty cool idea. You should do two sets of Courts, too: play with the gender roles some more!

HoneyBea

I've just come across this thread and I wanted to say that I thought the artwork beautiful, very appealing in its style.

HoneyBea

FaireMaiden

Oh, Ly... Once again, you are just killing me with your mastery!!! *lol*

I have to have them... HAVE TO!!!