Touchstone ~ Seven of Cups

BodhiSeed

The Seven of Cups represents (for me) making a wise choice about what will fulfill me. Here are my ideas about the symbols on the cloth the woman holds:

Cup with the head: intellect and knowledge
Cup with the covered "glowing" person - one's spiritual self or Higher Self
Cup with the snake - creative or sexual energy
Cup with the castle/tower - security and power
Cup with the jewels - wealth, material pleasures
Cup with wreath - victory or success (career, sports, battle, etc.)
Cup with dragon - desire for revenge

BodhiSeed

Any 'stoners still out there?

stargazer

Hi Bodhran

Teenage son keeps hijacking PC!

The seven of Cups is one of those cards that I dread coming up in a reading. I can see the tumbleweed blowing across my mind every time I see it lol!

I always think fantasies and daydreams.
Like someone living in a fantasy world, or being faced with overwhelming choices.

I love your take on this card, especially the Cup with dragon - desire for revenge. I will keep this one in mind, as it is very appropriate for a current situation! ;)

morticia monroe

I'm here, B. :)

Got my cup of coffee and my deck. It's 8am, 1 0ff to school, and the other 2 still in the bed so I've got some time,,,

7 of cups.

She and her companion are on a picnic. She holds the spreadcloth, ready to lay it before them and set out the choices for their daily repast. They are all prettily packaged, but some hold choices that could hurt them.

In this card, the need to pick and choose with careful thought is represented. Consider your options. Some are better than others, and although chance or fate at times does play a part in the course of your life, your choices determine the flow.

morticia monroe

stargazer said:
The seven of Cups is one of those cards that I dread coming up in a reading. I can see the tumbleweed blowing across my mind every time I see it lol!

That cracked me up!

BodhiSeed

Stargazer, I've got a "hijacking" teenager too! It is overwhelming to choose sometimes. There are situations where I'd like that revenge cup, and it would feel so good for a brief time, yet I know it wouldn't be very fulfilling. It has always been hard for me to choose the "long-term" options (that would be of benefit to me in the long run) rather than those "short-term" ones (which would feel great now as opposed to waiting :))!

MM, ever since I read your post, I can't stop thinking of that credit card commercial on TV where they ask "What's in your wallet?" Except now I'll hear "What's in your picnic basket?" when I see this card! :D

morticia monroe

bodhran said:
MM, ever since I read your post, I can't stop thinking of that credit card commercial on TV where they ask "What's in your wallet?" Except now I'll hear "What's in your picnic basket?" when I see this card! :D

Dagnabbit, I read this this morning and it's popped into my mind numerous times today,,,see what you started? :)

minrice

I love your interpretations Bodhran! For me the things on her cloth are also the things that we dream about, aspire to. Even revenge, at least in our fantasies if we were to be perfectly honest!
This woman seems very warm, I think she could be like a therapist. She's holding up this cloth being like see? Here is what your life could be, see all the possibilities!? Pick one, or pick them all!

minrice

oops, posted the same twice...