Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Tarot Forum               Free Tarot Readings           Tarot Card Meanings

I use Thoth Tarot, and ...

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot

View Poll Results: I use Thoth Tarot ...
and I use it only because of Lady Frieda Harris's artwork. 11 27.50%
but I've only read one, if any, of Crowley's writings, and I don't plan to read more. 9 22.50%
I've read 2 or 3 of Crowley's writings, but I don't think I need to read more to use the deck. 7 17.50%
I've read many of Crowley's writings. I think it's necessary to read at least some to use the deck. 13 32.50%
I've read all of Crowley's writings. It's necessary to read all of his writings to use the deck. 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Citizen

thorhammer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemaiden
\ I love the book of Thoth. Not all of it, you understand, but I love Crowely's mischievous, exuberant use of language. He is a surrealist poet of the first order. Still, to take his ideas seriously would be madness, as he himself would have probably said --- hahahah.
I agree with you, firemaiden. No doubt I miss a lot of his mischief, but a lot of it I get, too, and his humour and his derision regarding others, which is just funny to me. I'm enjoying the book, tho it frustrates me at times

\m/ Kat
Top   #21
Citizen

Formicida 

I'm coming to the poll a bit late, but I'm a "none of the above" anyway. My take on it is similar to Kat's:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorhammer
I'm just starting with the Thoth, and intend, at this stage, to read as much about it as I can get my hands on, whether it be Crowley, DuQette, Banzhaf or other. This is only because I want to have a certain grounding in the deck, and I by no means think that there's a right or a wrong way to go about it. Just for me, I'd think I was "copping out" if I threw out all the work that's been put into it and *just* read it intuitively. I think there's more to it than that.
I've been at the Thoth more or less seriously for a couple of years now (!) and have read the Book of Thoth, as well as DuQuette and (knowing the caveats) Arrien. I've also read bits and pieces of a few of Crowley's other works. My opinion is that it can't hurt my understanding and appreciation of the deck to read as much that he wrote as I possibly can.

So: I've read just one book all the way through, but I intend to read more. And because I haven't read all that much, I still consider myself very much a Thoth beginner.
Top   #22

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.