Touchstone - 6 of Cups

BodhiSeed

Touchstone - Six of Cups
The young children (perhaps a brother and sister?) remind me of the innocence and simplicity of youth. Young children tend to be very accepting and loving toward others (until taught otherwise by their elders), so this card speaks to me of a pure love, goodwill and kindness.
The cups are brimming over with white flowers; are these jasmine? Their whiteness also symbolizes purity. Maybe these flowers are the good memories of childhood or times past. Maybe they represent something coming from the unconscious that is now being integrated with the conscious.
The number six for me means that harmony has been restored. Has some relationship from the past been healed, or is in the process of reconciliation?
The castle in the background may represent security and stability, which would tie in with the number 6's meaning.

happyphantom

I think they are Jasmine. And according to more than one source, Jasmine flowers mean: "Amiability , I attach myself to you, sensuality, attachment."

Attachment certainly suits the meaning of the card. I wonder if Kat chose that intentionally?

BodhiSeed

colleenh86 said:
I think they are Jasmine. And according to more than one source, Jasmine flowers mean: "Amiability , I attach myself to you, sensuality, attachment."

Attachment certainly suits the meaning of the card. I wonder if Kat chose that intentionally?
That definitely fits nicely with this card!

stargazer

colleenh86 said:

The past, innocence and childhood dreams.

I agree with you guys. Attachment as in bonds you made with friends, family and even places from your past.

I also see this card as looking back on a time in your life where things were less complicated, when life was easy and without stress.

All Is One

I like the threes, sixes and nines of all the suits. The expressions on the children's faces are very interesting (and throughout the deck) and they seem very grown up for children. Almost too grown up to be possible. The litte girl looks sad. The little boy, although he's much taller than she is, has a mch younger looking face.

Like the rest of the deck, there are strange details in this card. Part of what I like so much about the Touchstone.

BodhiSeed

Yes, I had the thought when I first saw the card that the young boy was trying to cheer up his sister.

All Is One

That makes sense to me.

minrice

They look like they are friends! They look so solemn for a card that radiates nostalgia, friendship, and innocence! Perhaps they are paying tribute to something or someone, and that is why they are dressed up and wearing solemn expressions. Maybe they have brought the flowers as a gift. It looks to me like they might be holding hands under the wall.

morticia monroe

innocence, youth, nostalgia.

Behold the Prince of _________ and the princess who has been promised as his bride. This is their first meeting and a grand Masque will be held tonight in their honor.

Who knows what time will hold for these two. They may grow to love one another. They may not. Their families, politics, indiscretions and betrayals may one day come between them, or they may have a blessed lifelong love affair but today they neither know nor think of any of this,,,,they are children,,,, innocent, and hopeful.

When I see this card, it can take me in many directions. Sometimes it relates to memories, other times it tells me to simplify things, and even other times it wants me to try and see something through the eyes of a child....

BodhiSeed

morticia monroe said:
Behold the Prince of _________ and the princess who has been promised as his bride. This is their first meeting and a grand Masque will be held tonight in their honor.
I never thought of seeing the card this way! Thanks MM!