Mind Reader - X and Y

Dolphin_Dreamer

I tried the mind reader posted here http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=102725&page=1&pp=10 for a relationship between X and Y, Y being the guy in question. I’m not sure if I got it right, nor could I get a definite answer out of it… any opinions welcome.

I used the Aquarian deck with reversals. And altho using elaboration cards helped in some ways. I still didn't feel definite about it.
1*2*3
4*5*6

1) Their last conscious thought about you – Knight of Cups – He is questioning whether or not he should/can take a chance or discussing this with friends. He has given hints in the past (but isn’t wholly blunt about them) and it’s hard to tell if he’s being respectful, shy or what.
2) Their last subconscious thought about you – The Chariot – He wants to resolve this, but is still cut on what direction to take. At this time he has the perserverance, focus and stamina to go for what he wants. In his mind he is successful, so maybe in his mind he thinks he doesn’t have to do anything, he has done it already or has done enough (the idea of “she should know” comes to mind here). I also drew the hierophant for elaboration. I think with the Chariot it is saying he is also trying to be conventional or acceptable in respect to his upbringing so this is also interfering.
3) Last considered action toward you because of these thoughts – 2 of Swords – He’s still not sure what to do. This could be due to other problems that still remain, his fears of getting into another relationship or that he already has been ‘allowed’ into her life and he messed that up.
4) Their last conscious feeling toward you – King of Swords – I don’t think he wants to lose her and is ready to do what it takes to keep her or keep her interested. This card is about intuitively taking control, tempered by intellect and emotional experience. The elaboration card was the 10 of Swords (Reversed) which I think means he feels that losses are in the past and things are improving.
5) Their last subconscious feeling toward you – Queen of Pentacles – I either take this as the influence of a friend, the friend being the catalyst to these things in him. The description of the Queen fits the female friend, how she is and also that she does want to see him with this person. She wants him to be devoted to the other girl. In her words ‘you are perfect for each other!’ , she also is advising him to be clear(er) about what he wants etc. The elaboration card here is the King of Pentacles, which is the other person who is in the same mind as the woman. Both are giving him advice.
6) Last considered action toward you because of these feelings – 3 of Rods – he is still considering what he wants. He’s being offered help. Elaboration card was the King of Cups. This could be a 3rd catalyst, at any rate he is considering or is more emotionally stable to decide now…

Dolphin_Dreamer

no one?

Metafizzypop

I find this reading a little confusing, but I'll give it a shot.

What bothers me in this line-up of cards is the King of Swords. I find him a cold and unemotional character. And he came up in the "conscious feelings" position. I don't consider the K of S as someone who is concerned about feelings. And, in fact, I really don't like the idea of a man showing up holding a weapon in a spread about a relationship. (In fact, the last time I got a King of Swords in a reading for myself, the man that it stood for used his weapon to cut me out of his life.) And the elaboration card was the 10 of S, rev. I have a hunch that, in Y's mind, something is over. The life has gone out of some aspect of something somewhere. That may be why the 2 of S came up also. He's sitting on the fence, undecided about what to do. The King of Swords might be holding his weapon because he is on guard against trouble, either real or imagined.

And yet, this reading starts with the Knight of Cups, as though Y started off with the best of intentions.

But then there's the Chariot. Now you don't give background info on this relationship, but you mention that the Chariot means he wants to resolve something. I would imagine that the Chariot means he wants not just to resolve, but to win. He wants a victory. This might explain a man holding a weapon later in the spread.

But at the end, the King of Cups came up. Again it seems he has romantic intentions. But my main feeling is that this relationship is caught up in a power struggle.

Alta

I'll try but honestly find these mind-reader spreads rather hard to interpret.

1) Their last conscious thought about you – Knight of Cups –
He thought that X is a rather romantic person. If, as you suggest, X is holding back from Y, Y might consider if she is coming on as someone 'looking for a shining knight' and he doubts he wishes to play that role.

2) Their last subconscious thought about you – The Chariot –
They are sexually attracted but prefer a direct approach. Since Y is giving romance signals and this fellow prefers things more straight-forward, the block could well be here.

3) Last considered action toward you because of these thoughts – 2 of Swords –
Did not act, because of the problem from the first two cards.

4) Their last conscious feeling toward you – King of Swords –
X feels a bit judgemental toward Y, even a bit superior. X feels that Y is too much under the sway of emotions and likes to see himself as cool and detached. Y isn't really, he is rather lead by his hormones, but that's not his self-image.

5) Their last subconscious feeling toward you – Queen of Pentacles –
A great wife for someone else.

6) Last considered action toward you because of these feelings – 3 of Rods –
Sees Y as already 'in the past'.