Touchstone Tarot~ Four Coins

minrice

This woman has a look on her face like "Where my money at?"
She looks like a landlord, or a moneylender, someone who is all business and tough because she kind of has to be or else people will walk all over her and not pay her back!
She is richly dressed, clearly what she is does is profitable. It is also possible she takes advantage of others hard situations if she is a landlord or moneylender. The coin over her head makes me feel like maybe she is governed by money and the material things it brings.
I love the sleeves of her coat, she looks very chic.

morticia monroe

Yup, this is a Medieval Diva. :)

She is all about taking care of business,,,

Material things are important to her, her necklace looks to be a large dark sapphire with another lovely stone hanging from it, a black pearl, possibly?
And what beautiful gold rings adorn her fingers.

I wouldn't neccessarily call her stingy or greedy, but what's hers is hers and she takes it all very seriously. Not the sort of person I would go to for a loan.

Like the song says

Got her mind on her money, and her money on her mind.

It would benefit her greatly to loosen up. The world is going by while she keeps an eye on her stuff.

minrice

Yeah, she has money on her mind and its making her "hard". You'd think people with money have nothing to worry about, but they really worry a good deal about losing it all! She looks like she is caged in by her success.

BodhiSeed

Wow! This woman looks STERN! I think she may have been a Catholic nun school teacher in a former life!:D She looks like she takes her finances seriously; she would probably give you a loan if you put up your first-born child for collateral.
Interesting that the background appears gray in this card, while the majority of color is where the coins are. Its like it says "My passion is here with my money." The coin over her head lets me know that her thoughts always start with, "And how does this affect me financially?" The ring finger of her left hand (in the US it is the finger one's wedding band typically is placed on) points to two pentacles, and almost seems to symbolize that she is "married" to her wealth, much like a nun is "married" to Christ when she takes her vows.

morticia monroe

Most excellent posts, ladies! They're adding so much to my own readings,,,,,,

bodhran said:
The ring finger of her left hand (in the US it is the finger one's wedding band typically is placed on) points to two pentacles, and almost seems to symbolize that she is "married" to her wealth, much like a nun is "married" to Christ when she takes her vows.

I love it!

I had one of those "brain cramps" when I saw the finger sticking out, and for the life of me couldn't figure out why,,,,now that you've said it, I'm clunking myself in the head. :)

minrice

Oh yeah! That is a detail I hadn't given thought to either. Very interesting. i wonder if the meaning of this card could be obsessing over the practical to the point where you are neglecting your emotional and spiritual needs.

stargazer

I'm with you guys; she has her money on her mind.
The way that her finger points to the two pents makes me think that she hasn't got the balance right. I think that this may indicate that she is being quite selfish and putting material gain above all else.

Looking at that face, for all her apparent wealth, she doesn’t look very happy.

minrice said:
i wonder if the meaning of this card could be obsessing over the practical to the point where you are neglecting your emotional and spiritual needs.

I like what you said here minrice, makes sense.