Working on the Queen of cups

temperlyne

It's been a looooong while since I posted here and it has been equally long since I painted a tarot card. I don't consider my deck dead at the moment, its just in a deep coma. I am currently working on my version of the queen of cups and I find myself stuck. She is almost done but I am afraid to finish her, afraid I might ruin the image. By posting her here I am sort of hoping to recover my inspiration.
For the image of this introvert queen of water and nurtering I was influenced by neolithic godesses and myths of water nymfs.

http://temperlyne.deviantart.com/art/Queen-of-cups-102439248

I'd love to hear what you think of her, unfinished as she may be.

Strange2

Very effective image. I like the overall drenching and nurturing effect of the scene, and the subtle smile on the queen's face. I think she looks great as is!

This also brings to mind the goddess Yemaja. Yemaja has been depicted in the Ace of Cups in the Lukumi Tarot.

Attachments

• lukumi_acecups_yemaja.jpg
    lukumi_acecups_yemaja.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 141

andraaaaa

I think she's great!
well I would draw her with longer hair..but that's just personal opinion haha

Ravenswing

long time comin'

Boy, do I understand semi-comatose decks. I've recently pulled up one from near twenty years ago... finally getting color on it.

stuck and afraid of ruining her? often stuck is finished. it sounds to me like you're in a mild state of denial :)

My absolute card is the Queen of Cups-- she'll make or break a deck for me. Your Queen has made the deck. You don't have to go further.

So, what's your next card?

fly on
raven

Chronata

ooh ooh! Temperlyle! I am so thrilled that you have returned...and that your deck is NOT dead...only comatose!

I have wanted you to finish this fabulous surreal masterpiece of yours for quite some time now!

As for this beautiful Queen...I think she's finished.

She certainly feels finished to me. Although the background does look a little untidy...I think it adds to the watery depth and dreamy state of her realm.

Beautiful work as always...and I am so HAPPY that you are still painting this journey!!

truelighth

Glad to see you are still working on your tarot, Temperlyne. I think your art is so amazing. I wish I had that talent.

I have tried to go to the link to see your new Queen of Cups, but it keeps on sending me to a page to register for DeviantArt. Is there some other link I could follow?

Sidhe-Ra

Delighted to see you back, and with such beautiful work. The soft feeling is just right for this card :)

SpiritPanther

nice

wow. she is so beautiful.. she seems so calm, this card makes me feel so at peace.. Awsome job :)

sacredashes

Darn it!! Did i miss the boat again? The link takes me to another page altogether and I really wanted to see this; I heard great things about this Queen.

flying black kat

I have not been able to get to the link as well. I really wanted to see it. You got such great reviews please keep going.

Be at Peace

Kathy