Moonstones

olori

does anyone out there have any info on Moonstones. There has always been a large pull for me when it comes too them. What is it about them?

ruski_svet

They're very into the spiritual, mystic, and hidden. Like the High Priestess. Maybe you're thinking more about your beliefs, getting into a new spiritual or occult subject, etc. They're beautiful though, in their translucent rainbow and more opaque form like polished shell.

olori

its the spiritual, mystic and hidden aspect that keeps my interest. Yes I agree, they are a beautiful stone. It's what I want to learn about and keeps my interest.

HearthCricket

There is tons of stuff on the internet about moonstones. I love them. They are definitely a very calming stone, but also very mystical, and related to the feminine, the Goddess and thus, the moon and the cycles. I find them to be good for calming, sleep, spirituality and any kind of work during a waxing or full moon. I also have a lovely set of moonstone mala beads which I say my mantras on.

LeaRoseQuartz

Moonstones are good for losing weight.

GreenMoonBeam

LeaRoseQuartz said:
Moonstones are good for losing weight.

Really? How is this so?

GMB!!!!:):

LeaRoseQuartz

I read it in a book somewhere. I've not tried it.

Sophie

Be very careful, though. Many - if not most - moonstones sold nowadays are in fact labradorite. "Rainbow moonstone" is always labradorite, but a lot of other kinds of stones sold as moonstones are labradorite. Because it's relatively hard to find, the price has gone up. If you find cheap moonstone - that probably labradorite.

If you find the real deal - hold and cherish it. It's beautiful, balances emotions and provides a strong aid for contacting the feminine divine.

EarthFaery

Fudugazi said:
Be very careful, though. Many - if not most - moonstones sold nowadays are in fact labradorite. "Rainbow moonstone" is always labradorite, but a lot of other kinds of stones sold as moonstones are labradorite. Because it's relatively hard to find, the price has gone up. If you find cheap moonstone - that probably labradorite.

If you find the real deal - hold and cherish it. It's beautiful, balances emotions and provides a strong aid for contacting the feminine divine.
Drat! I just bought a smallish one (it's not rainbow), I don't remember what I paid for it but it wasn't all too expensive but a little more than the usual I guess. Is there a way of knowing for sure? Mine is whiteish with cracked, straight lines through it, 3 sides of it have sort of an irredesent glow. It's very pretty:) Oh, I hope it's real, I was so psyched to buy it!

HearthCricket

SMV, that sounds like a real one! Mine are sort of a milky white with some creamy browns to them, and lines and iridescent sheens when you move them in light. They are a very calming stone and gentle in their beauty!