When reading for yourself do you take from deck or..

leelalie

Hello

This is a pondering question for me...When you do a reading for yourself do you spread the cards out on the table or take them in order from the deck after cutting?

Ie open them up like fan or leave closed in a stack?

Leelalie

Kathy24

I shuffle the deck and then split them into 3 piles then restack them (in different order each time) and then I draw the cards from the top. I have read and seen where you can pick cards from spreading them flat out, but personally I haven't done it that way. :)

leelalie

Hi Kathy

Thank you. I have been to Tarot readers in the past and seen them spreading out the cards on the table. I will try taking from the deck and see if I get the answers.

Don't you think being random is more revealing?

Leelalie

thorhammer

I usually shuffle then draw from the top of the deck, as well as taking the shadow card (the one on the bottom of the deck after shuffling). But lately I've started to shake things up :D and cut the deck into three or more piles, taking the cards I need from the top of the piles.

\m/ Kat

Quizeen

I always fan the cards out and draw at random. I do this when reading for others as well. I like the looseness of this method, and some of the people I read for like the opportunity to "feel" which cards call to them.

Grizabella

I shuffle, cut three times, and draw from the top. I've tried it both ways and don't find fanning them out to work any better.

Alta

Right now I seem to fan and select all the time, but certainly for many years I shuffled, cut and dealt off the last cut. And may very well go back to that way. :)

starrystarrynight

I've done it both ways in the past, but currently I deal off the top of the deck. Being a poker player from way back, that way just seems natural. :D

Soothsayer

After shuffling and cutting once, I simply draw cards from the top of the deck. It just feels right that way. However, I don't think there is a right and wrong way to do this; just do whatever feels right to you.