Tarot Bags?

scheherazade

Can anyone point me to a few sites that sell nice Tarot bags? The only Tarot bags I've ever bought came from Ebay, and that vendor doesn't exist anymore.

gregory

Sulis' bags are fabulous.

Her website is here but if that's too much of an ad and gets taken out - find her profile and go to her website.

tarottotes also do pretty ones. I forget the address. But there are threads and threads - run a search !

I used to get cheap ones on ebay, but now when I want cheap I go to the dollar store near my home, where they do organza ones at 2 for a buck.....

NorthernTigress

Tarot totes are nice. I haven't bought from them, but the pictures on their site are amazing.

Of course there's "baba bags", which are all absolutely gorgeous.

I'm Canadian, so I was thrilled to find Medieval Mantles right in my own backyard, so to speak.

But you don't need to go online. Check out your local "New Age" stores, or go into any craft or art store and ask if they have "drawstring bags".

Soothsayer

Tarot Totes is a great website. It's good to see a site that actually shows a decent selection of cards for each deck. And those Tarot bags are just beautiful; I think the photos are fantastic and must make a real difference in helping to increase sales. If only other Tarot websites would put in a bit of work and present their stock as beautifully as Tarot Totes does.

minrice

I make them too! The link is in my profile ;)

thorhammer

As do I :) and my website is under this post!

\m/ Kat

HellzBelle

Do you sew yourself? Why not make your own? If you don't own a sewing machine, then hand sewing with small fine stitches would be just as good.
You'd just need to pick yourself out a nice piece of fabric, you don't need to buy a full metre, most stores will sell a minimum of a 25cm piece of the full width which would give you plenty to make at least 8 I reckon. If you don't want all your decks in the same fabric print, you could sell or gift the others.

Or try the cheaper variety stores as Gregory suggested. Especially this time of year they usually have a wide range of colors and sizes, mostly in organzas or light velvets, with a print or plain fabric, plain or embellished already. I found a gorgeous bag for $2, cream organza with a beautiful beaded butterfly on it already, it holds my Hanson-Roberts deck. If you go for a plain one, then you could always dress it up yourself if you wanted with sew on or stick on gems, or you might find delicate lace pieces to add to it, butterflies hearts and the like, or little charms and beads.The possibilities are endless and only limited by your imagination more than your level of needlecraft ability.

I generally make my own, picking the fabrics to suit the deck. My last one was for the Pirates Tarot, and as I sew quite a bit, patchwork and embroidery, I raided my own stash as I do for most of mine. I'd bought pirate themed prints for a project for my godson, so the bag has prints that feature skull and crossbones, a treasure map, rope and pirate flags in their motifs. I actually had more fabrics to choose from than I needed for the task! I finished off its cord with some beads, a la Jack Sparrow(sigh) and cut a square patch of a single skull and crossbone and stitched that to the front. I even had a skull and crossbone bracelet that broke (weak cheap alloyed metal) so I used one of the skull links to sew on it as well for an extra touch. It occupied me for a couple of hours one afternoon and it looks fabulous.

Le Fanu

Now is the time of year to keep your eyes peeled for fancy little bags which are sold as gift bags. Nowhere near as nice as the "proper" tarot bags mentioned above, but you sometimes have these surprises; glitzy Yuletide Organza bags for $2 etc.

I came across a glitzty Yuletide gifting bag for a song last week. Only problem is that it keeps leaving glitter residue on my Williams Minchiate :(

gregory

Yes, LeFanu - I have some lovely velvet ones that I gather came with Christmas Coffee in..... - whatever that is.... (from a friend, who wanted the coffee, and knew I liked bags !)

scheherazade

Wow, thank you everyone! There sure are some beautiful bags out there!