Empress as "what do I do now"?

juliekate

Hi everyone,

I pulled the empress card as a "what do I do now?" card today.

(Brief update on the situation: my boyfriend broke up with me almost two weeks ago, very unexpectedly. We spoke a couple of days ago and he said he needs some time to figure out what he wants and if I am right for him. --This was a serious relationship, we had been talking about getting engaged very soon).

My take on the card in this position could be a) to nurture and care for myself right now or b) in regards to the relationship, see it as a loving, caring relationship and have hope that it will work out...(or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself of option b), that things will work out for us!)

Thanks for any input or suggestions!
juliekate

WaterSong

Julie,

I think the Empress card in your reading has come with the message of self care and nurturing...do all what makes you feel well and comforted, and also find some creative outlet that could help you direct your emotions....the Empress is also all about beauty so it could also be telling you get a new haircut, buy a few new clothes....try new make up....go get a massage or a facial and look great....pamper yourself...:)

If you feel good about yourself you will also attract people to you....the message could be about don't let this break up affect your self esteem...it has nothing to do with that, relationships change, come and go but you will have a lifetime relationship with yourself, take care of it...love your self.

best to you :heart:

starrystarrynight

(((juliekate)))

What magenta said...

Maggiemay

Very interesting response to a difficult difficult question!

I don't know what tarot deck you use, but in the Marseilles Tarot, The empress is depicted holding a sceptre with two-halves ( semi-rounded bowls or half moon shape if you will) TOGETHER they form a ball mounted by a cross.

The One half linked directly to the cross happens to FACE DOWNWARD while the other half which is linked to the rod is FACING UPWARD.

I read a very interesting explanation about that which I think could enlighten you :

The top half represents the GOD's divine blessing wrapped in DIVINE & SELF-LESS LOVE which is bestowed down here on earth - WHILE - the bottom half, which is facing up, represents ANYONE who is willing in good faith and sincerity & UNCONDITIONAL LOVE to RECEIVE this blessing in kindred spirit. TOGETHER THEY COULD PRODUCE A MIRACLE. ( miracle being a speeding up of nature's normal fonction onto a higher level)

When those TWO HALVES meet or WHEN THOSE TWO LOVING INTENT MEET ( GOD'S INTENT TO BLESS & YOUR INTENT TO LOVE UNCONDITIONALLY) Then YOU, the person who receives this special blessing become temporarly ENDOWED with a special kind of '' LOVING INFLUENCE OR POWER'' ( i HATE the word power but nevermind...)

NOW TO TIE IT ALL TOGETHER : Remember, the empress is essentially a COMMUNICATION CARD.

But not just ANY communication.... its a POWERFUL sort of communication, the one that has a deep and moving effect on the other person.

Did you ever speak to someone and they told you something that came from the heart and it really REALLY deeply touched you? well that is the kind of communication I am talking about.

Communication is = Talking + LISTENING.
AND LOVING IS ALSO A FORM OF COMMUNICATION... THE ACT OF LOVE SPEAKS VOLUME TO SOMEONE...someone that messages gets decoded by the other person right away and sometimes it takes years to realize...

So, If I had pulled out the EMPRESS for such a question, I would make sure I FULLY LISTENED to what this person would TELL me AND ALSO TO WHAT THEY WERE NOT telling me, Listen to the fact that perhaps he is confused, scared ECT... BUT

WHEN you communicate with him, speak from your HEART if you are talking together... AND IF NOT, THEN SPEAK SILENTLY to him through the electromagnetic field that is in the world. By that I mean, in your thoughts, in your intent, in your energy, in your aura. BUT ALWAYS WITH YOUR HEART.... and If you are unconditionally loving him then the outcome will be RIGHT FOR YOU and HE WILL ONLY LOVE YOU MORE FOR IT!!!

Good luck

Hope I helped

MaggiMay

PNWtarot

The Empress sits alone, but she represents a peace with abundance, with nurturing, with mothering. I would see this card as a call to care for yourself, first. Whether or not you should return to your boyfriend is not the issue... care for yourself as you would a child, and be gentle. When you feel whole again, then you will know whether to reopen your relationship with your boyfriend... but keep in mind, that feeling of being loved and whole comes from you, not him. Whether he compliments your life and soul are another question altogether.