Driving Your Life Spread

Metafizzypop

Life is a journey. Here's a spread if you're taking the car.

----------7---------
8----3--4--5--6-----
-------1-----2------

1 - The road you're on: The direction your life is headed in right now.

2 - The tires: Foundation of the issue you're asking about.

3 - The steering wheel: The way you've been directing your life concerning the matter you're asking about.

4 - The front seat: What have been your main priorities.

5 - The back seat: Your secondary priorities.

6 - The trunk: Talents, fears, or anything else that you don't realize, or remember, you have.

7 - The roof: What's protecting you from the harsh elements outside.

8 - What's in the headlights: The future/outcome.

moderndayruth

Awesome spread, i did it with RWS and it hit some hard nails! :D I did move the 8th card to the right, ( in the front of the 6th, instead of the initial placement behind the 3rd) since i see the right side to be the future... I know it doesn't really make sense from the point of view of the car design, but, lol, let's say mine is a custom model :D

Metafizzypop

Glad you like the spread. And it hit a few nails for me too, when I used it.

If you feel the headlights should be on the other side, you can flip the car around like this.

This way it makes more mechanical sense, lol.

---------7---------
----6--5--4--3----8
------2-----1------

moderndayruth

Aww, thank you so much, Metafizzypop! :heart: I love the spread and i copied it to my journal so i can read for my friends with it! :D
I do hope it's included in the reading section here, it's very well thought of and has a great shape, congrats on creating it!
Love&Light
mdr

Redstar

How original! I really like this and will definitely be adding it to my book!

rwcarter

Metafizzypop,

Congrats on an inspired spread! I have two small issues with it though. Like mdr, I see the right as being the future. Also there are two rows of tires on a car seen in profile. So I'd modify your spread as follows:

-----------8------------
-----7---6-5-4-----9----
-------2-------3--------
-----------1------------

1 (laid sideways) - The road you're on: The direction your life is headed in right now.

2 - Back tires: Foundation of the issue you're asking about.

3 - Front tires: What helps or hinders you in this issue. (If you want to go forward, but your front tires are pointing left or right, guess which direction you're going in?)

4 - The steering wheel: The way you've been directing your life concerning the matter you're asking about.

5 - The front seat: Your main priorities in the issue.

6 - The back seat: Your secondary priorities in the issue.

7 - The trunk: Talents, fears, or anything else that you don't realize, or remember, you have.

8 (laid sideways) - The roof: What's protecting you from the harsh elements outside.

9 - What's in the headlights: The future/outcome.

Rodney

Metafizzypop

Hi rwcarter,

Yes, I could see adding that extra row of tires. But I've got a question for you. You said:

rwcarter said:
3 - Front tires: What helps or hinders you in this issue. (If you want to go forward, but your front tires are pointing left or right, guess which direction you're going in?)

Well, I guess the person would be going around in circles, is that right? But what I wanted to ask was, is there a way the cards could show this? Or were you making a joke? (Actually, for some people it isn't a joke; it's a harsh reality. I know cuz I've been there, lol.)

rwcarter

Metafizzypop said:
rwcarter said:
Well, I guess the person would be going around in circles, is that right? But what I wanted to ask was, is there a way the cards could show this? Or were you making a joke? (Actually, for some people it isn't a joke; it's a harsh reality. I know cuz I've been there, lol.)
Hi Metafizzypop,

If the back wheels are pointing forward and the front wheels are pointed left or right, the person isn't necessarily going around in circles, but definitely isn't moving forward as they might wish. I used the tires pointing left or right example to show why the addition of the position might provide helpful information.

To determine whether the card in position 3 is a help or a hindrance, it would have to be read in relation to the card in position 2. If it's a helpful card (however the reader makes that determination), then the car could be considered to be moving forward. If it's not a helpful card, the card could be considered to be moving off course, to have a flat tire or to be reversing.

Rodney

Metafizzypop

I see what you mean now. Sounds good. I'm going to experiment with it and see how it works. Thanks for the idea!

wholelottarosie

I straight up love this spread.
Kind of sad and supremely happy all at once!
I love the car idea :)