Rock Identification Please?

thorhammer

Hey, Jaidyn :)

They're both definitely agate, but if you're trying to pin down a specific type, I can't help ya, I'm sorry :)

\m/ Kat

faunabay

Yep, that's my thought as well thor. Both agate, but as to the type?????

The second one looks like an agate I already have that my uncle found in Arizona. :) Just without the inner crystals.

BodhiSeed

geodes?

Briar Rose

http://PCJ.fileave.com/hrt2.jpg

I am wondering... I think it might be banded agate, or jasper. Bit of course the crystals inside would be clear quartz. Agate and jasper can grow on clear quartz. Sometimes that's the whole key to finding what the mineral is. I bet a physical geology teacher at your local college would know for sure.

It's one of the most beauitful peices I have seen. How big is it? Just a palm size?

Jaidyn

Excellent! One can never have too many agates :)
I appreciate everyone's help.

MCsea-- actually, they were given to my husband so he could pass them along to me for Christmas. There are no rocks where we live now, and it's been depressing to say the least to not be able to go out and rock hunt. These sure brightened up my holiday!

HeavensVault-- both of them are almost identical size (about 2" across).

morticia monroe

Jaidyn, wondering where you live,,,you can find rocks almost anywhere...

MCsea

Jaidyn said:
Excellent! One can never have too many agates :)
I appreciate everyone's help.

MCsea-- actually, they were given to my husband so he could pass them along to me for Christmas. There are no rocks where we live now, and it's been depressing to say the least to not be able to go out and rock hunt. These sure brightened up my holiday!

HeavensVault-- both of them are almost identical size (about 2" across).

What a beautiful gift!!!

:)

singerofpeace

Yep, agates for sure... the second looks like Botswana Agate, perhaps? Both lovely!!