Duh [Dragon Tarot book... & Amazon!]

Osher

Duh

Just thought I'd offer a slight word of warning....

A while back I decided to skim through Amazon and saw the Dragon tarot for a really cheap price. So, sent off my Shekels, and a few days later it arrived.....

The Dragon tarot book! Not the cards, just the book. I had not paid (excuse the pun) attention and ordered the wrong thing. Looking back, it was a very easy mistake to make. It was called Dragon tarot, and they do sell the cards too.

Now I'll need to buy the cards to go with the book (slight reversal there!)

oceanpoetry

I am sure you could return it to Amazon if you don't want it. They would refund your money.

HudsonGray

But if you're going to get the deck, the book will come in handy. Unless the deck you get HAS the book with it.

I had the same problem with the Arthurian Tarot. Had the book, couldn't get the deck. (Eventually did get it though).

Aerin

I did exactly the same thing. Oopsy.

Got the book in error, then twigged and got the deck (which is easily available separately).

Aerin

Osher

At least I'm not the only one!

I suppose I could have sent the book back, but, well, I suppose I decided to keep it as I planned to get the deck.

(had a weird conversation with Amazon when they sent me an extra book by error)

Me: Hi, I ordered a book, but recieved the wrong one, I called you, and sent it back, but the next day recieved my book, and then a few days later another copy.
Amazon: That is impossible, this was a special import for you.
Me: Well, I ordered 1 copy, and now I have 2
Amazon: You must have ordered 2 then. You can send one back, but you will need to pay the postage.

So, I kept the extra book! I tried to be honest, but they refused to believe they made an error. Sometimes being honest pays!

Trogon

Re: Duh

Happiness said:
A while back I decided to skim through Amazon and saw the Dragon tarot for a really cheap price. So, sent off my Shekels, and a few days later it arrived.....

The Dragon tarot book! Not the cards, just the book. I had not paid (excuse the pun) attention and ordered the wrong thing.
Happiness... please allow me to help you out... (just out of the goodness of my heart - of course)... since I happen to have the Dragon Tarot... why don't you just alleviate the problem by simply giving the book to ME! })

Just kidding. Actually, I really like the Dragon Tarot... I love the artwork and I love dragons... :D I think it's a good one for connecting with pets! You should get it since you have the book now... just make sure you don't order a second book. ;)

Silverlotus

Amazon can be a bit confusing that way. I thought they had a super good price on another deck, but when I checked on the ISBN on a Canadian site, it was listed there as a book. *sigh* I think part of the problem comes from the fact that they don't label decks as decks or books as books all the time.

Now, for my online bookseller story. :) I ordered the Llewellyn Magickal Almanac from Indigo.ca several years ago, but was sent the Astrological Datebook or something like that. It turns out I had ordered the correct item, but they had the ISBN numbers for the two products switched. I think it took at least six months before the problem was fixed, even though I wrote them about it.

Osher

Well, we are both Londoners, both have the same head of state, but we do have a little way between us. Be amusing if Amazon sent your order to the wrong London. One thing about the English was an amazing ability to name places after back home. See how many London's there are in the world!

Reminds me of an amusing story of 8 nuclear bunkers which were supposed to be moved a few miles to Glasgow AFB in America, but due to a slip were sent to Glasgow, Scotland... (about 4 or 5 years ago).