Crystals to Protect Soldiers?

lmf

Ok, so at this time in history a lot of us have friends and family going overseas to fight. I myself have a loved one who is going to Afghanistan in April. I want to do whatever possible to ensure his safety so I've been pondering gifting him with some crystals for protection.

The questions: Which stones would be best for this? How would it be best to present them to him? Has anyone else tried this?

I'd appreciate everyone's feedback!

floracove

Amethyst was used by the ancients for warriors.

Sailors use Aquamarine.

sleepingcat

I believe Hemitite, amber, bloodstone and Jade were all used in ancient times by various people to protect their warriors. Hemitite is supposed to make you invisible, which might be good!

lmf

I did a little bit of research. I'm going to use a combination of turquoise, garnet, pyrite and amythyst on a necklace for him to wear under his uniform. All supposedly have various protective abilities plus some have additional qualities that I think will help keep him balanced in other ways.

I've been pondering if I should provide something to keep the stones from absorbing too much negativity because I don't think he will have the time or thought to keep them cleared and charged. Would citrine be appropriate? Or is there a simple way to tell him to do so in the harsh environment he'll soon be in?

I'm still so new to crystals. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Dusk Till Dawn

Well the best Crystal to use for protection, I mean overall Protection, is black Turmalin ( I probably spelled this wrong, ...) It wards off any Kind of bad energies! The stone is hard to get as a pendant, you really have to search for it, because it's a black stone, people don't think it's pretty, this is why they hardly make them .I made a lot of experiences with that stone, it's incredible how it effect other people around you...

Grigori

floracove said:

There is also a tradition with garnets, that you give them to a loved one who is going away. The garnet ensures that you will be reunited with them again. Might be good to include it for that reason also, strength and protection and a call home when its all over.

Debra

Best to put them in a little bag for his pocket rather than on a necklace. Dogtags are on a breakaway chain so they don't get hung up. Also, guys sweat a lot and wear their uniforms hard. They have plenty of pockets, though.

I sent my husband in Iraq a small fluorite egg--just because it was beautiful. He has an fingernail-sized amulet given him by an elderly man in Malaysia. I sewed it into a tiny red pouch that he taped to one of his dogtags.

Your love and the love of his fellow soldiers will help protect him.