Touchstone Tarot~Nine of Coins

stargazer

In this card I see an independent woman.
She seems to find herself in a very comfortable position.
Her hard work and effort have paid off and she is enjoying the good things in life, good things that she has earned through her own efforts.

I like that she doesn’t look too young in this card, it implies that her material gain and comfort have been built up over the years, through her hard work and careful planning.

I wonder, ~ the bird of pray that sits on her arm is wearing a hood.
Do you think that this may be a warning not to be blinded to all else except your own wants and needs?

BodhiSeed

stargazer said:
I like that she doesn’t look too young in this card, it implies that her material gain and comfort have been built up over the years, through her hard work and careful planning.
Good observation!
As Stargazer said, this woman does enjoy the good things in life (as the musical instrument hints at); she doesn't just collect stuff, she has a true appreciation for life (unlike perhaps someone who had it served on a silver platter to them - as you said Stargazer, she's worked hard for it).
I think the hooded falcon might have to do with her self-discipline. She's learned to be smart, work hard, and not let her emotions rule her decisions.

minrice

I too was thinking of the hood on the bird being indicative of staying focused if you want to achieve.

She appears to have used her success for a couple numerous endeavors, such as playing music and attending to her bird (she probably has more than one pet even since you can't have just one ;) It's nice to see people who use their success and wealth for useful things you know? Instead of just parading it around and not doing much else.

So I think this card also encourages you to not just rest on your laurels, no matter how successful you are. To enjoy the good life because you've earned it, but also to continue to experiment and learn new things to ensure that your life stays fresh and your mind interesting.

I also think that this lady is in some way related to the old man in the 10 of Coins. I don't know why, they just seem similar somehow.