The UFO Tarot

Metafizzypop

I just bought this deck recently, and I was wondering if anyone else here at AT owned it. I don't see hardly any mention of it on this site. I'm thinking that if nobody talks about it then people either don't own it, don't like it, or find it hard to work with.

I've only done a few readings with it, but I think it's really cute. The artwork is taken from 1950s movie ideas of what invaders from space would be like, which is pretty funny. I'm a sci-fi fan, so this deck was something that I just had to own.

I'd love to hear some other opinions on this deck. You can check it out here, and see all the cards.

http://www.interhobby.net/tarot/viCard.php3?Code=603

I find it pretty amusing, but not the easiest deck to read, so I'd like to hear about others' experiences.

karenquilter

I've never heard of it before, but it looks pretty cool. Is it from China or Japan?
K

gregory

Lo Scarabeo. I like it. It reads well, too. Something about aliens as the figure on the cards takes you that little but further at times - you can't have preconceptions, if you see what I mean....

It's here.

Onyx

I have it too

I got it a couple of weeks ago and haven't really used it much. One thing that really stood out to me was the complete lack of words on the cards.

There are numbers but if you hate the Lo Scarabeo borders woth the names translated then you should check this out.

My favorite card is the Magician or should I say "I" since there isn't a name on it.

It has a very elementak feel to me and a bit dark too.

Onyx.

stefficus

don't have it but it's on my wish list... good point about the borders.

i'll keep watching this space. i might have to move it to the top. ;)

Moonsparkle

I have this deck and I like it. I haven't used it much yet. But I will, I will. It's mostly that I've been studying the RWS and the World Spirit more for now. They seemed "easier".

I'm also a SF fan and was delighted with the pictures.

I even used in a group symbology thread on the sun card some time ago...
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=89828&highlight=moonsparkle

I had fun really studying the card. I should do that with more of them sometime.

Metafizzypop

It's funny you should mention the World Spirit deck because that was another of my recent purchases. I just got done spending a lot of time experimenting and familiarizing myself with it. I just put it aside so I could spend some time with other decks I've bought recently, like the UFO. And I see what you mean about the World Spirit seeming "easier." The WS is similar to the Rider Waite, which is one of the standards. For me, the RWS meanings seemed to work perfectly with the World Spirit.

But the UFO is another story. I'm not sure if it's Rider Waite based or not. A lot of cards do seems RWS-ish, but lots of others don't. And the LWB that comes with the UFO says practically nothing. I can't even figure out whether it's OK to use reversals or not. Though I don't think I should, since I can barely interpret these cards when they're right side up.

But they're so cool-looking I'm determined to use them all the same.

annik

I do have the UFO. I also liked the pictures. I just haven't used it yet. But it is on my study list, so eventually, I will get more familiar with it.

Jyscal

I dont personally have this deck, but it seems interesting due to my interest in Sci-Fi as well. It does seem a bit unusual with there being no names, only numbers. But im still new, so i know there's still a whole world of decks for me to explore. But some of the alien pictures are really weird!!

quixoticmisery

wow the graphics are beautiful! can you buy it from the internet?