7 of Cups as a Room

Bloudwedd

Hello all!

Did a relaxed reading on my cleaning-habits and how to improve them. As for the room to start working on I got 7 of Cups.

7 of Cups for me is the illusion and imaginationcard so where do I do most dreaming? In the bedroom ofcourse! But it is also the card that warns for obsession. And I most obsess when I get stuck in fron of the computor, that we keep in the living room.

I want more suggestions! What room is 7 of cups in a 3 room aparment (livingroom, bed room and our sons room). Can add that I used Bohemian Gothic Tarot deck and yes we do have a porch, but it is freezing cold out there atm!

/Anna

Pao

i guess bedroom since that is where we sleep and have dreams. At least thats where I am always day dreaming....but would it depend on where people spend most of their time in the apartment? like if you spend it in the kitchen all day you're bound to dream in the kitchen....hm...interesting question!

Thirteen

LOL! I think you're demonstrating the 7/Cups very well. You think it's one room, then another, then another.

Go back to the beginning. This was a reading on how to improve your cleaning habits. You got the 7/Cups for which room to start on. I think the card is stepping out of the reading. I think it's saying what you're demonstrating. That maybe you spend too much time dreaming about what each room should look like and what you're going to do in them rather than actually doing.

The Bohemian Gothic image really supports this. The girl isn't in the house. She's sitting on the stairs outside, dreaming about what's going on inside, leisurely sipping her drink.

I'd say this card is pointing out the futility of telling you which room to start on until you put down the drink and roll up your sleeves. However, if we're going by the Bohemian Gothic's image, I'd like to point out--the girl isn't on a porch. She looks to be downstairs, in the room farthest from the rest of the castle. Do you have a basement? Do you have a garage? I'd go for either of those. This makes sense. You need to clear away the place where you store stuff in order to have a place for the stuff you clean out of the rooms.

Yes? You don't start in the place where you dream and imagine. You start in the place where you don't dream or imagine. Where you toss out old stuff, old dreams, and get real. Because 7/Cups is dreaming and imagining...but not doing.

FaireMaiden

Bloudwedd said:
Hello all!

Did a relaxed reading on my cleaning-habits and how to improve them. As for the room to start working on I got 7 of Cups. /Anna
There is only one way to improve one's cleaning habits, and that is to clean something that's worth cleaning, *lol*

7 of Cups in this context means, to me, that any room in the house applies. Alas, you don't want to clean any of them because they don't reflect the 'real' you. In other words, even when they're clean, you don't particularly relish being in them.

Time to put that imaginative 7 of Cups to work in a practical sense! Pick a room and redecorate it. If money is free-flowing, no problem. If not, then you have to get creative. But first, one must have a plan. You have to make a decision, out of all those choices the 7 of Cups offers, as to what style you want. Once you've decided that, find a picture, in a magazine or book, that best represents what you want it to be. Then, start.

If you can't afford everything all at once, that's okay. Just pick one thing... maybe a pillow... maybe a picture to hang on the wall... maybe some kind of trinket or artifact... maybe a can of paint to add colour. Decide that once a month or once a week, as funds allow, that you're going to get one more thing to add to the room toward its redecorated completion.

With this in mind, it's much easier to clean and keep clean because you're working towards the goal you have chosen from those 7 Cups.

Bloudwedd

Lol! thirteen how right you are! I was actually thinking in that direction to start with. Because 7 of cups has always personally symbolized be obsessing about htings and avoiding work one way or the other. But I was stubborn/lazy/undisiciplined/7 cuppish (take your pick ) and insisted it had to be A room period! And here I am and still have not started cleaning..... Hrrm! Did I mention what the first card was symbolizing what I needed to do to become more clean-diciplined? 2 of Wands ( choosing to be passionate about cleaning). Could it be more obvious? ^^

And thanks for pointing the cellar-thing out for me. To be honest I have never seen that on my cards but I see it clearly when I look on it on the web

/Anna - going of cleaning. For real this time!

Yes I am, I promise

Cant you see me leaving?

Uuuh? What was I supossed to do again?

Oh yes! Why am I still here?!?!?

Jyscal

Thirteen said:
Because 7/Cups is dreaming and imagining...but not doing.
so if the sevens as a whole signify success, then it wont matter what choice of dream is made, it will be a success. The only thing left to do now is actually DO something. Am i correct?

kmusky

Where do you find yourself at your most imaginative and dreamy? For me that's the bedroom, but for you, perhaps somewhere else. For someone who loves to cook, for example, that would be the kitchen.

Grizabella

When I'm doing the dishes, that's when I daydream the most. Or when I'm just falling asleep. Kitchen or bedroom----hmmmm,----another decision. So then I'd prioritize. I can shut the door to my bedroom so nobody sees it and nobody needs to be looking in there, anyway. I hate cleaning the kitchen, but that's where we prepare our food and when someone comes in the front door, they look right into the kitchen, so there I am----the kitchen it would have to be!

Redecorating----even changing the furniture around if there's no money to really do anything that costs money---will get me cleaning. That's a good idea. And redecorating when I didn't have any money was how I discovered I had art talent and led me to selling oil paintings faster than I could do them back in the 70's. I started out doing paintings so I'd have something to put on my walls in a new house but I sold the paintings before they were even dry sometimes and still never had any to put on own walls. :p (I'd do that again here except art supplies are too expensive these days.) So you just never know where cleaning and redecorating can lead you.

If your whole place looks like a bomb went off, then maybe the 7 of Cups is saying to just use your imagination and start SOMEWHERE! LOL Sometimes that's how it would be around here.

nisaba

Bloudwedd said:
Hello all!

Did a relaxed reading on my cleaning-habits and how to improve them. As for the room to start working on I got 7 of Cups.

7 of Cups for me is the illusion and imaginationcard so where do I do most dreaming? In the bedroom ofcourse! But it is also the card that warns for obsession. And I most obsess when I get stuck in fron of the computor, that we keep in the living room.

I want more suggestions!

/Anna

You're thinking more The Moon. the thing about the Seven cups is that it's a card about multiple choices and having to make a decision - some of those choices are realistic and some, as you say, have only illusory promise. Your deck is telling you (well, screaming at you!) to make your own choices in trivial things like that! I get the feeling it feels a bit insulted.

Thirteen

Jyscal said:
so if the sevens as a whole signify success, then it wont matter what choice of dream is made, it will be a success. The only thing left to do now is actually DO something. Am i correct?
Why do you think the 7's as a whole signify success? Do you mean numerically or do you mean in Tarot? I ask, because to me the 7's in Tarot represent a challenge, and a profound one at that. As with the Chariot (#7 if we're going by Rider-Waite), this challenge requires focus and some kind of determination in order to overcome it.

I don't think the 7's promise success, but they do promise that if one maintains that focus and determination, success is possible. If one does not, then failure is a surety.

That said, I think you are correct that the 7/Cups is about picking a dream and going for it. The challenge in that card, IMHO, is that the person in question has many choices and would prefer to daydream about all of them, the wonderful possibilities they offer, rather than focusing on one and working to make it happen. It is, after all, a scary thing to commit to one path and maybe lose the chance at those other, equally wonderful paths. We want them all, right? At the very least, we want to be sure the one we pick is the best. What we forget, and what this card reminds us, is that there is only so much time we have to step through any window of opportunity.

It's like when you go window shopping at a store. You see some unique items. They all look wonderful, but you only have money to buy one. If you dither and refuse to commit...well, they get sold off to other people. Dreaming of what you'll do rather than doing it wastes time and opportunity, and leaves you with nothing.